• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pink Eyed Gold Dust?

Duae

I have two questions about my girl, Fandral. She was sold as a Motley Gold Dust. But unlike all her Gold Dust brothers, she had pink eyes. Same coloration, just pink eyes.

First, is it possible for Ultramel and Caramel to result in pink eyes?

Second, I'm no expert, but she looks far more like a Motley/Stripe than a pure Motley. Is that a possibility?

Fandral1_zps21290fd2.png

With flash

Fandral2_zpse84885df.png

Without

Fandral3_zps51f37a9e.png

I attempted to get a belly pic. She was far more interested in the camera. Her belly's pure white, not a single check. You can also kind of see the pink in her eyes better there.

Fandral5_zps2eada2e4.png

Her pattern doesn't have anything to do with whether she is motley/motley or motley/stripe. Nothing.

If her eyes are indeed "pink" she is not a Gold Dust but a Butter. And Nanci is correct in her statement with regard to Motley Vs. Motley/Stripe. That would be a genotypical distinction not a phenotyical distinction. In other words it can't be determined from looks.

Terri

Ah, I was under the impression that the long stripe that turned into spots tended to indicate stripe/motley. I will keep that in mind.

There were butter siblings there, they were very noticeably lighter and much more yellow in coloration.

You might be disappointed if you'd wanted a golddust, but I bet she's going to be a gorgeous butter!

Back