CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

39 years

Old 01-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
Rich Z
39 years

Today Connie and I are having our 39th wedding anniversary. Interesting to note that we have been together longer than we have been apart.

I truly wish everyone could find their own LIFE partner. It just makes everything that goes wrong in life much easier to bear when you have someone you can count on.

The secret to life? Marry someone who you are always willing to give the larger piece of pie to, and feels the same about you.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #2
Nanci
Congratulations!

Old 01-09-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Today Connie and I are having our 39th wedding anniversary. Interesting to note that we have been together longer than we have been apart.

I truly wish everyone could find their own LIFE partner. It just makes everything that goes wrong in life much easier to bear when you have someone you can count on.

The secret to life? Marry someone who you are always willing to give the larger piece of pie to, and feels the same about you.

Soooo..... We've been 'a pair' for 40 years but 'only' married for 36 of them ...

Old 01-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #4
Twolunger
Congrats Connie & Rich

It's been 45 for us. We also have an understanding, my wife always offers me the last piece of pie and I always tell her she can eat it.

My best advice is to only marry someone who won't panic when you lose a snake in the house.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Congrats Connie & Rich

It's been 45 for us. We also have an understanding, my wife always offers me the last piece of pie and I always tell her she can eat it.

My best advice is to only marry someone who won't panic when you lose a snake in the house.
Sometimes we have actually thrown away food because both of us wanted the other to have it, and neither of us wanted to deprive the other.

So I have learned to always make certain that she gets the SECOND to last piece, so we feel that we are sharing the last TWO pieces.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
Twolunger
Believe me, in 45 years she has never refused the last piece of cake. LOL. I'm no big fan of desserts anyway, so it's no big sacrifice for me, but I still make it sound like one.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #7
Scrappyeddie77
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Rich Z

So it is like what JFK said " don't ask what she can do for you but what you can do for her " sorry I might have changed a word or two but not many people will remember the quote anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #8
DollysMom
Congrats. That's wonderful. All my best to you both!

Old 01-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #9
Twolunger
Hey Eddie, People remember the quote but now they want to know what their country can do for them, and ignore his quote.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #10
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Hey Eddie, People remember the quote but now they want to know what their country can do for them, and ignore his quote.
I think nowadays, most people are mostly interested in how to keep the government from "doing" them into the poor house. Now that I am collecting social security and on Medicare, I keep on waiting for that other shoe to drop whereby the government comes to ask for half of my blood every month in return.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google