CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Homemade funnel snake trap. It works!

Old 02-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #1
Tavia
Homemade funnel snake trap. It works!

This video deserves another share from me!

We made one of these a couple years ago and have had it placed along the wall by our hatchling rack.
Tonight I found that one of the baby corn snakes was not in it's enclosure (not totally sure how it got out, guessing it was probably my fault in not securing it) cue minor heart attack and a brief search of the room, when I remembered that the funnel trap was right there and checked it. Loo and behold, there she was!! Had climbed in and couldn't get back out. We'll be making a few more of these to place around the reptile rooms!

And naughty escapee.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
Glenaerie
What an excellent outcome! That trap looks like a really good idea... I remember the instructions for the plastic soda bottle version, but this trap looks soft and able to accommodate all sizes of escapees.

Is that Stormy's daughter? Love her sweet "caught in the act" demeanor in the photo.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
Twolunger
Way to go! I love it when a person thinks ahead and is prepared. You didn't need the trap for quite awhile, but it sure saved the day when the baby corn slithered away. I actually put a small piece of cardboard under the containers in my hatchling racks to make then fit tighter. My son saw the cardboard and got a laugh. He said the racks were designed to hold hatchlings and I was just a bit paranoid. He said he has the same rack and never lost a hatchling. That was before his new Tessera disappeared, never to be found.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
Tavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenaerie View Post
What an excellent outcome! That trap looks like a really good idea... I remember the instructions for the plastic soda bottle version, but this trap looks soft and able to accommodate all sizes of escapees.

Is that Stormy's daughter? Love her sweet "caught in the act" demeanor in the photo.
Yeah, that's #4 of Stormy's daughters. Not that I want any to escape but it was especially heart stopping because I had a semi local person interested in my one remaining normal from the Viper x Fiona clutch.

I got him out, weighed him and took some pictures of him for them and then put him back. A few hours later they decided they did want him and set out to drive here to get him, from over an hour away. When I went down to pull him and put him in a travel container, I grabbed her enclosure by mistake and had a really big heart attack, these people are halfway here and I must not have gotten his enclosure closed up right earlier and now I either have to call them off right now to save a little gas or I have to find him in the next 30 minutes or waste more than two hours of these people's time!!

So it was a bit of a relief when I took a closer look at the I.D. tag on the enclosure and realized, oh, it's one of the Phantoms! Whew! I now have all night to hunt for her! I found her about 5 minutes after that realization, thankfully.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
blacktip
Thanks Tavia! Glad you found your baby girl.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google