CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Bigger viv? If not, furniture recommendations please?

Old 05-02-2017, 06:43 AM   #1
foshiee
Bigger viv? If not, furniture recommendations please?

Hello all,

This is an important one, as depending on the answer I may have to think about giving my Corn away due to space restrictions.

This is his current vivarium.. http://www.reptilecentre.com/vivexot..._p24631476.htm

It's measurements are 86x49x56cm (wxdxh) which make it out to be about 52 UK Gallons (62 US).

I need to get a proper measurement, but I'd say he's probably about 4 and a half feet in length, maybe a little more. Lately his sheds have been longer than the width and depth of the vivarium put together, I read somewhere that this is an indication for a new viv.

Is his current housing large enough? If it is I'll focus on pimping his crib. He currently has one large hide, a large(ish) water dish (though it's not big enough for him to bathe in anymore) and a bamboo root to climb on. If it's big enough I'll focus on improving his current home, because honestly it looks a little bare in there (though honestly I dunno if there's room for much else unless I go vertical and add some climbing poles or something). Could you guys suggest anything I could add to spice up his life?

Do you want a picture of what's in it currently?

Many thanks

Old 05-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
Reptile Lover 23
upload a picture of what yours is in at the momment,

My 8 yearold female corn is just over 5 1/2ft and shes in this.

pictures are on this thread
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...68#post1724668

Its overkill in size

I personaly would get your cornsnake a 4ft viv thats my view anyways

I change the layout in mine every 5 days to keep her intressted they like to explore

hope this helps

Old 05-02-2017, 05:36 PM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
Your cage size is adequate. Do not worry.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
foshiee
Alright so I took a couple snaps of his current housing...

I'm intrigued by your shelves, I think that's the kinda thing I wanna do, give him some higher places to explore. If not shelves then branches to hang out on or something. If he has a shelf i might be able to make room for a larger water bowl under it in case he wants a bath..

I might then see about adding vegetation.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
Reptile Lover 23
Yeah you could do if you put a shelf or braces in keep it away from the light incase the snake gets burnt, my lights are L.E.D so they done get hot,

also that log thats in there im sure you could drill a hole through the left side of the viv and into the end of the log thats currently sticking up and put a screw through the viv and into the log so it holds it inplace that would give him a purch sorta speek,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google