CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Bulk (50) Fuzzy Buy too much

Old 05-05-2017, 12:24 PM   #1
Hekkubus
Bulk (50) Fuzzy Buy too much

The local pet store ran out this week, so I need to get some fuzzies pretty soon, as I feed on Saturday. My corn is around 24", so if I buy 50 frozen fuzzies and feed once a week, will he outgrow fuzzies and need bigger mice before I make it through all 50 frozen fuzzies?

I guess I could just feed two each feeding, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't getting too many at once to actually be worth the purchase. Thanks!

Old 05-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #2
Twolunger
How soon will the pet shop stock fuzzies again? Your corn can go for weeks without eating, if necessary, so if they will resupply soon I wouldn't worry about it. However, you can feed two fuzzies later on, as you suggested, if you decide to purchase 50.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:08 AM   #3
Hekkubus
I called and asked. They said they didn't know. I bought three from them a month ago, and they haven't restocked. There are some more pet stores in neighboring cities nearly, but they're about 30-45 min away. I haven't called them yet

Old 05-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #4
kayjaypah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekkubus View Post
I called and asked. They said they didn't know. I bought three from them a month ago, and they haven't restocked. There are some more pet stores in neighboring cities nearly, but they're about 30-45 min away. I haven't called them yet

I don't know how soon you need them, but you can order them from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #5
Amanda47
Where are you getting 50 frozen? If you're ordering them online, Layne Labs does smaller quantities.

Shipping will be about $45 dollars, but (for example) you can get 10 small fuzzies, 10 large fuzzies, and 10 hoppers. Plus shipping makes it $62 total, which averages to be a bit over $2 per mouse. 30 weeks of feeders if you feed weekly, and they gradually get bigger, rather than 30 of all the same size.

I used Layne Labs for a couple years, they're good quality. Big Cheese is better, with better shipping rates, but larger quantities packaged for the smaller mice.

So there's an option

Old 05-08-2017, 09:26 AM   #6
Dragonling
Perfect Prey also does smaller quantities. I had a poor experience with a small order from from Big Cheese (too much dry ice, not enough padding...my pinkies ended up a brittle shattered mess, meaning bloody goop galore when thawing). Quality-wise, none have matched Layne Labs in my opinion, but they are so far away I can't justify the shipping cost or I would continue buying from them.

In my experience only takes around 15-20 fuzzies to get an average snake from large pinkies (or double smalls) to hoppers.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:56 PM   #7
daddio207
Besides the excellent service and quality of the products it's the shipping that always makes Big Cheese less expensive. Their ongoing $29 flat rate shipping special makes the difference worth it for me. Most shipping quotes from others usually run $70 to $100 for my regular orders to Maine!
I always thought that a "mixed bag" of mice would be a good idea for 1 or 2 snake owners. Something like 10 reds, 20 pinks, 20 fuzzy's, 20 hoppers and 30 small adults. Sizes vacuumed packed individually of course.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:53 AM   #8
Nanci
I've always liked Big Cheese, too.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:54 AM   #9
Nanci
But to answer your question, 50 fuzzies x one per week equals almost a year- hopefully your snake would actually be on weanlings by then.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google