CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New and Nervous/Excited

Old 05-08-2017, 10:21 PM   #1
Chilcie
Talking New and Nervous/Excited

Hello! My name is Cierra, and I've recently started to look into the amazing world of snakes and reptiles.
I've watched many videos, and read many articles, but nothing feels as good to me as forums and communication directly with people who have experience.
It will probably be another 12-18 months before I am ready to adopt a corn snake, but I want to be sure that this is something I want and am ready for when that fateful day comes.

Any/all information, fun facts, questions, comments, photos, poems, and/or general hellos welcome!!

Thank you! <3

Old 05-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #2
Pumpkin D. Cat
Welcome! I'm in the same boat as you are when it comes to being 100% sure this is something that's for me. Taking on an animal is no small thing. I haven't used a forum in forever, but I look forward to interacting with the people on here to further my knowledge.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
Chilcie
Welcome Ron!
Nice to meet you,
The more I read, the more nervous I become about this whole endeavor.. I fear failure and I fear adding stress to a snake's life. Gosh, Corns are so absolutely beautiful, and I have a million and one questions.
The more information I sift through, the more questions I have! It feels like a never ending cycle!!

Any words of encouragement? XD

Old 05-09-2017, 07:28 AM   #4
DLena
Smile

Read the stickies on this forum for solid info. It's done me a world of good. Corns are easy keepers, forgiving of newbie errors, stay a reasonable size and weight, and come in tons of colors and patterns, in all price ranges. Understand you're looking at a 20+ year commitment. The most wonderful things about corns are that they are naturally inquisitive, get to know their person, and are capable of developing personalities. (Yes, they do have unique mannerisms and definite preferences.)
The most difficult thing with corns is to "know your limit; stay within it" lol ...so make sure you choose your color morph carefully!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google