CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Taken a turn for the worst. I need help/advice..

Old 12-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #501
Tula_Montage
Not yet Mike, I still have to CONFIRM or UNCONFIRM (is that a word) everything that has been said for my and others peace of mind.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #502
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepDiver View Post
there is a half-hearted apology from elle to toyah... yet i doubt we'll see one on RFUK.
I don't think you have any right to declare it was half hearted. I know what I meant when I wrote it, and when I repeatedly appologised to Toyah over the phone.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #503
Reptile freak
Ive been following this thread from the start, keeping my mouth shut and just waiting for some sort of evidence or proof of a virus... Seems loads of people are hurt emotionaly and that is a shame... I feel sorry for the loss of beloved pets, and also for people getting ill from stress and from fingers being pointed... But i also seem to feel there are alot of excuses being made about itemised billing and stuff not coming in the mail... Could a receipt not be demanded in person at the vets, as everything is recorded?

Also, Tula Montage, will you be breeding any Snakes this coming season, or are you going to wait for results first?

I must admit though, aside from the personal onslaughts and bad friends this thread appears to have made, I have learned a great deal about quarintine, and have stepped up my game alot, this has really opened my eyes...

Old 12-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #504
diamondlil
Sorry Elle, but how could a vet possibly not test for a virus that they suspect is present, after wanting reptile shows and trading to be suspended until the results of their tests? Why were there lesions in Windsor's brain if it was indeed a simple RI?
Unless you can prove there is no virus in your collection, how will you be able to sell your hatchlings if you do breed?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:53 AM   #505
Tula_Montage
I have phoned both vet practices today to get someone, anyone to speak to me! I just have to wait for a call back now.

Janine, I do not have the answers to your questions... I don't know why they wouldn't do a viral panel if they were telling me at the time they were very concerned that it could be viral! I don't know why there were legions on his brain... I'm not qualified to answer that although it says they were extremely minor.

I may or may not be able to prove there is no virus in my collection... I will not be breeding or even thinking about selling hatchlings if I cannot disprove it. I honestly don't care if I breed or not... I don't need to breed to afford to stay in the hobby. Sure it would be nice to have a hobby that pays for its'self, but I'm not devistated at the fact I may have no hatchlings this year.

And if I do disprove there is a virus, I have plenty of outlets for hatchlings that are perfectly aware of this whole senario. I don't want to breed for money... I want to provide sound hatchlings at affordable prices to people who are just getting into the hobby. Everyone should have a lavender corn snake as their first herp LOL

Old 12-20-2007, 06:16 AM   #506
Tula_Montage
I spoke to my herp vet and have requested that he sends out the autopsy report in its entirety again, Noir's lab work, itemised reciepts and a viral panel. He said there was no viral report, but they had tested for paramyxo and IBD and both were negative. It was a very quick unsatisfying conversation when I questioned him about the viral panel... I will be going down to the surgery after christmas to have this all sorted out. If he has not sent out everything I have asked for today before 3pm then I will not recieve anything until after christmas.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:42 AM   #507
Susan
I would highly recommend that you ask the vet what lab had performed the viral test and ask for their phone number so you can talk directly to the lab or a vet at the lab. There have been some cases of the lab itself goofing things up, so if that is the case, you will want to hear it directly from them and not second-hand so you know exactly who's at fault. It's not unheard of for a vet to say something to a persistent client just to shut them up. Trust me on that one.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #508
Tula_Montage
Perhaps this is the case Susan. I was utterly distraught everytime I was at that clinic, so its very possible he said some things just to appease me... But I was in every one of Lynns appointments, and they expressed extreme corncern that it was viral... They wouldn't have put Shug into critical care that day when his symptoms were minimal if that wasn't the case.

The Lab name is written on the report, and they are based in Norfolk England. I have just tried to phone and theres no answer to I will try again later. I have a code that refers to Windsor so that should make things easier.

I can start to type up the initial autopsy report this afternoon since theres so many questions being fired at me in every direction, and I simply cannot answer them... It doesn't say much though.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #509
Tula_Montage
Ok heres the first page of the report.

Hystopathology report

Histological findings:

Lungs - There is sever and diffuse congestion. The subepethelial tissue surrounding the smooth muscle septa are infiltrated by a small number of lymphocytes, heterophils and fewer plasma cells. The interstitium of a few faveoli are infiltrated by a few heterophils and monouclear cells. Within the lumen of a few alveoli there is a small amount of proteinaceous fluid.

Liver - A moderate number of the hepatocytes are expanded by intracytoplasmic, large, clear and round vacuoies (lipid)

Intestine/kidneys - There are no significant findings.

COMMENTS - The lesions present in this case were very mild. There was evidence of a mild pneumonia but there was no evidence of proliferation of the epithelium lining the alveoli and inta-alveoli cellular exudate as it is expected to be seen with paramyxovirus infection. However, we cannot rule out this possibility at this point and screening of the sera of the other snakes present in this collection is recommended. Additional results for histopathology of the brain and bacterial cultures will follow as soon as possible. There was no evidence of viral inclusions in the sections examined thus far.

CONTINUED

Brain - There are rare heterophils present and presence of a few small lymphocytes around the blood vessels. The lesions were minimal in the brain of this snake but could be suggestive of mild inflamation. Perivascular cuffing can be seen in paramyxovirus infection. There was no convincing evidence of inclusion bodies however further investigation is recommended.

And that really is all I have to go on... Can you guys perhaps see why it is very frustrating at the moment? And perhaps why I simply cannot answer your questions in entirety... But it really does look like there is no virus present.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #510
Nanci
So that sounds like a bacterial pneumonia, not paramyxovirus, but blood test your other snakes just in case.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google