CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Where do you buy mice?

Old 03-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #1
jautumn75
Where do you buy mice?

Just received an online order of mice and I'm not that impressed. So I was wondering, where do all of you get your mice? I'd like to find a supplier that vacuum seals their bags.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:34 AM   #2
Dragonling
I am pleased with Perfect Prey myself. I also like Layne Labs a lot, but shipping to Ohio is expensive.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:41 AM   #3
Twolunger
I've dealt with most rodent suppliers over the years and found Mice Direct and Perfect Prey to have quality mice available. However, I'm a sale buyer, meaning when mice are on sale I stock up my rodent freezer. This isn't usually feasible for those with one or two snakes. What I have done in the past, when I needed day old pinkies, was buy one or two pregnant mice from the local pet shop. I wait until the litters are born and keep them, saving the adult mice for my large corns. You can also give them away as pets if you don't need them. It's way cheaper than having frozen rodents shipped in quantities you really don't need. Another option is visiting your area reptile shows. Rodent suppliers are usually selling their items at the shows.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:30 AM   #4
obboi34
I get all of mine from a local show. I like it because I can directly inspect the product to find the size that I need. At the end of the day, shipping would cost as much as the entrance and travel fees for me.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:34 PM   #5
Nanci
I like Big Cheese the best. I don't like Mice Direct- I've had broken bags with mice spilled all over the container.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:41 PM   #6
corn_snake_lover
if frozen mice is what you looking for

www.laynelabs.com/‎

i ordered 50 large pinkies because the petstores in dfw area only sell 0.5 pinkies lol and my snake is not big enough for fuzzies the shipping is very expensive the pinkies cost me 15 dollar and 35 for the shipping with fedex but they arrived salad frozen but now i have enough pinkies now for a year lol just order enough to last you a while.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #7
DollysMom
I have found Layne Labs to be the best. I just got another order and the mice look and smell perfect. I did try Big Cheese and though the mice looked decent, I ultimately had some problems with them that I won't go into since I can't beyond a doubt prove it was the mice.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:19 PM   #8
lilliebell19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jautumn75 View Post
Just received an online order of mice and I'm not that impressed. So I was wondering, where do all of you get your mice? I'd like to find a supplier that vacuum seals their bags.

My local pet shop sells mice and there good quality too, maybe try your one. Just ask at the counter🖤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-20-2018, 11:46 AM   #9
Hypancistrus
I used to use either Big Cheese or American Rodent Supply. I’ve now found a local supplier that comes to MD every other week from a neighboring state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #10
Frank Pinello
I use perfect prey so far this year and been satisfied with quality and packing. Fortunately I live only about 10 miles away from them and I do pick up about every other month. No shipping fees!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google