CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

petsmart???

Old 10-19-2010, 03:09 AM   #21
Rdoyle
Well I but my petco to the test about buy my little boy. I was going to get a 5 gallon tank to but my baby in( like i said I was testing her) but she would not sell me my snake unless I got something bigger like 10 or higher.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #22
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDlover View Post
They actually don't label the tags at that petsmart.

They order say an Amel and they can get an Lavender and they say it's the same thing.
At least this is what our petsmart told me.

They have a carmel there labled as an Anery.

we have a "Jack's Aquarium" here that sells reptiles.....they once had a "3ft Albino Corn for sale "(That was what the sign said on the tank). it was a nice Snow...but they had it labeled as "Albino". so i told the guy working there that it Clearly was no Albino..as i have one...the following week when i returned the new label said "3ft snow corn for sale".

Old 10-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #23
ShenziSixaxis
I don't think it's odd that pet stores or 'common folk' think snows are albinos. Most albino animals are white with red eyes, and sometimes (especially reptiles!) have yellow on them, which snows often do. For at least a month I thought "snow" was a fancy name for "albino".

Very nice to see he fixed it, though.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #24
rich333
while i agree with you that "Common" folk assume if it's white then it must be albino.....but then thats like calling a pug a boxer?? ya know??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google