CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

180 mph??

Old 11-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
Rich Z
180 mph??

This video was actually done via time lapse at 1 frame per second. Ordinarily the camcorder takes approximately 30 frames per second in a standard speed video, so I'm figuring if we were actually going 60 miles per hour, then this video is speeded up about 30 times to appear like we are travelling 180 miles per hour. More or less....

Old 11-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
Christen
Almost makes you car sick.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
snakewispera snr
Wouldn't 60 x 30 be 1,800mph...

Old 11-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
Christen
At the 20 sec mark it looks like they ran a red light.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
Wouldn't 60 x 30 be 1,800mph...
Yeah, I had someone else point that out, but it just doesn't LOOK like it is that fast, so obviously I don't know what numbers to plug in to figure that out. Heck a 223 bullet at muzzle velocity works out to be 2100 miles per hour, so the car video can't be anywhere NEAR that velocity.

So I guess I should have used "REALLY FAST!" instead of "180 mph"....

The fastest I have gone is 140 mph, and I do know that the scenery passes by VERY quickly at that speed. Once you realize that any car making an unexpected turn onto the road you are on or a dog walking out into the middle of the road, and you are toast, gets you letting off on the GO pedal pretty quickly. Heck, a bird hitting the windshield at that high speed wouldn't be a fun event, neither.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, I had someone else point that out, but it just doesn't LOOK like it is that fast, so obviously I don't know what numbers to plug in to figure that out. Heck a 223 bullet at muzzle velocity works out to be 2100 miles per hour, so the car video can't be anywhere NEAR that velocity.

So I guess I should have used "REALLY FAST!" instead of "180 mph"....

The fastest I have gone is 140 mph, and I do know that the scenery passes by VERY quickly at that speed. Once you realize that any car making an unexpected turn onto the road you are on or a dog walking out into the middle of the road, and you are toast, gets you letting off on the GO pedal pretty quickly. Heck, a bird hitting the windshield at that high speed wouldn't be a fun event, neither.
1,800 mph would be quite quick.... But never having driven at that speed, I'm not sure what it would actually look like... LOL
The vid could be that quick, it sure is fast......

I do know that at 150mph a magpie will smash out a headlight and damage the reflector enough to cost a small fortune to fix.... LOL
I'm so glad it wasn't at wind screen height when it happened....

Old 11-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
snakewispera snr
A quick search and actually it does look that fast..... or slow, depending on how you say it... That could be 1800mph.....

Old 11-18-2011, 02:14 AM   #8
DMong
Wow Rich!, the tires and suspension on your car are freakin' awesome!!. That thing handles unbelievably well and responsive!

~Doug

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google