CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

metallic trait?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:08 AM   #1
omni
metallic trait?

I had another thread on older corns related to striping showing up in non-albinos, but I see in some pics of these older corns, a metallic look also comes in. Seen in the yellow areas, and especially overall in Caramel morphs.
There is also that Golden Corn I know everyone loves, and this is like that. It is in some grey morphs, but not near as many where they get looking shiny silver.
And not all yellow morphs get this shiny look. Kinda hard to find out much unless you raise the offspring until couple years past adult.
Has anyone looked into if this look is inheritable or recessive trait?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
Buzzard
Not sure what you mean Omni... Do you have a sample pic?

I know I am working on a project for the Alabama corn and its gray version.

This is my female AL next to a Dark Ghost motley.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Cattsy
They look shiny... almost like fish scales!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
xanthiax
Where can i get one of them.... either, both!

Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
sinisterserpents1
I want 2 too darn it!!!! lol

Old 06-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthiax View Post
Where can i get one of them.... either, both!
lol Alabama... is a wild caught...Her name is SunShine

The motley(booger) came from the Tampa, FL show picked him up for $15.00 4 years ago....

On day 33 for their eggs(13). Expecting normals, hoping for something different. Taking 2.3 out for breeding trials. Still have 1.1 from last year with unkown dad (assuming wild daddy).

I'll have to get some pics of last years babies. The male is a light orange more towards the normal. But the female is closer to SunShines look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterserpents1 View Post
I want 2 too darn it!!!! lol
lol thanks

Old 06-27-2010, 06:01 AM   #7
omni
yes! like those Buzzard I remembered ravenspirit360 has/had an awesome older Miami that also has this type look. I only remembered Caramel-based morphs having it and the Golden corn, but there's probably a lot of Miami phase with it also. Don't think I've seen it in any others.
link to ^ Miami:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...94&postcount=1
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=20

Old 10-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #8
omni
Sorry dusty thread lol, but I just came across another, this one is the 1st pic of this classified:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...54&postcount=1

I'm seeing a trend in only morphs with melanin like Anery As, Caramels, Normals, but no amel-based, also haven't seen in any Hypo-like morphs.
I wish I could just scoop up 1 or 2 when I find an animal with the look, but seems none are around Jan-Apr when I plan pick up more corns

Old 10-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
Arpolis
I do love those carmels that have the metalic look. There are not a lot out there but they have the coolest silver and gold hue to them. If I wasn't so invested in pink and lavender morphs I would go for that kinda look.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:32 AM   #10
SquamishSerpents
do you mean this corn?

Golden Corn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google