CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Question "rusty" corns

Old 10-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Daniel
Question "rusty" corns

I just saw some baby corns at the show in Las Vegas.
They were advertised as Rusty Corns. Tan background color, rust-colored saddles, kind of jagged-edged saddles, no real borders if I recall....

Does anyone know what their makeup is?

Also, what's a Poltergeist Corn? Does it have a more common name?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
Shiari
I believe that the poltergeist corn is simply a name that breeder came up with to make their *ghosts* stand out. Like how the East Bay Vivarium has "buttersquash" corns. It's not a recognised name for a particular morph.

As to the rusty corns, those are either normals or a hybrid with the rusty black rat.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
carnivorouszoo
Wow, those snakes you describe sound like the normals het amel mot or stripe I hatched out this year. Only they had borders. Tan background, rusty colored saddles, jagged markings. Wish I could see pics

Old 10-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
Daniel
Thanks. Sorry, I no pics at the show. Next time I'll take my camera to the shows...there is cool stuff there to photograph.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Yarmuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Actually, when I was at this last show in San Diego some guys had Poltergeist labeled corns. When I asked them of their genetic make-up they said they were Ultramel Anerys. I guess it makes sense if a Hypo Anery is a Ghost and a Hypo Charcoal is a Phantom.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
martin-bernstein
I wonder if the "rusty corn" was an upper keys corn, aka rosy rat snake. I once bought one at an expo and it was labled "burnt orange corn."

Old 10-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
stephen
rusty corns

They were originally called Frosted Rusty corns where Cornsnake and Blackrat snakes were in the mix they were always sold as hybrids from the people who were producing them first

Old 10-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
TandJ
Quote:
I asked them, they could not tell me the genetics at the last show i was at.. I'll pass on the fancy ass name, if you can;t tell me what the phenotype is I can't bother to take the name serious other than a sorry attempt to make a sale..

Old 10-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #9
Daniel
'Phony morph names"

I agree completely. If I don't recognize the morph name, I feel like I'm being played for a fool, and won't consider buying it. Thanks, all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google