CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Blood Lines

Old 07-11-2002, 06:18 PM   #1
SilverTongue
Unhappy Blood Lines

Do you think you might get any Lavender het for Motley or Motley het for Lavender? Or will they be holdbacks. I see you had Lavender Motleys but are sold out.

Old 07-11-2002, 07:22 PM   #2
Rich Z
Sorry, but no I won't have those hets available. One reason being is that the project is still too new and in order to get Lavenders het for Motley or Motleys het for Lavender, you pretty much need to have breeding sized adult Lavender Motleys to produce them. Either that or you have to have one parent a het animal bred to the opposite gene carrier, both of which happen to be carrying the other gene. I ran into this same problem with the Butter Motleys. I didn't have any Butter Motley hets available until I had adult Butter Motleys to breed to all of those het animals.

I do have one adult female Lavender Motley, but I bred her to a young Lavender male that is a possible het for Motley to try to find out if he was het or not. I still don't know, because I broke my cardinal rule of breeding multiple males to a female and this one let me down. I should have known better, but sometimes you have to take a chance.

Next season I will have two adult males and another adult female Lavender Motley come on line for breeding. Not sure if I'm going to put all of my eggs in one basket relying on those two males, though. I will likely only breed them to a couple of the het females and wait and see what results I get. Then the following year I will lean on them a bit more heavily. But I do expect I will put 2 or 3 pairs of Lavender Motleys on sale next year. I may offer Butter Stripes as well. I didn't actually offer any of those for sale this year, so the line on my web page is just a teaser.

Old 07-11-2002, 11:36 PM   #3
SilverTongue
You are breaking my heart Rich! But I can wait till you have them. I think the Lavender Motleys are beautiful!

Old 07-12-2002, 01:03 PM   #4
Rich Z
Quote:
I think the Lavender Motleys are beautiful!
Man, don't I know it! One of the guys that's been helping me out this season has been out this entire week with car troubles. The other guy got all of the stuff done except half of a rack that I'll be doing today. This rack has those three 2 year old Lavender Motleys in it, so I'm actually looking forward to seeing them again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google