CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Butter on a bed of Opals

Old 08-25-2002, 01:04 PM   #1
Rich Z
Butter on a bed of Opals

I've been breeding animals het for both Opal and Butter for a couple of years now and getting some nice results. Of course, I can't tell which ones may be triple homozygous animals (Amelanism, Caramel, and Lavender). So that means I have to keep a bunch of them to raise them up just to see what they turn out looking like.

Old 08-25-2002, 01:12 PM   #2
Neil
Those opals are just great and I absolutely LOVE butters!! Well done, very nice animals.

Old 08-25-2002, 01:12 PM   #3
Reptiles=3
Rich, Those are some absolutely stunning snakes. I'm sold every new snake i get next year will come from you!!! Nice Pic. I love piles of babies!!

Old 08-25-2002, 01:35 PM   #4
Kevin M
Those are Opals that the butter is all over? I didnt realize they were so "Salmon" in color when they first hatched. Great Photo.

Old 08-25-2002, 01:46 PM   #5
Rich Z
Kevin - bear in mind the parentage. They may very well be homozygous for Caramel as well. That's what I was shooting for. But of course, I am only speculating. I have LOTS of Opals this year and they are quite variable all by themselves.

I have some of these possible triple homozygous Opal/Butters from last year that I should drag out and take photos of one of these days.

Old 08-25-2002, 01:50 PM   #6
SilverTongue
Very lovely Rich

Old 08-25-2002, 02:10 PM   #7
Kevin M
Rich - I was also thinking that perhaps those "Opals" might have been exhibiting some Caramel but I haven't seen enough regular Opals as hatchlings to make that assessment. Dragging out some of those possbile triple homo opal/butters from last year for some photo's might be a fine idea. I know I'd like to see them!

Old 08-25-2002, 04:10 PM   #8
Clint Boyer
Where's the little smiley face guy pulling his hair out?

I love that peachy-salmon color!

Butter Opals? Dang!

Old 08-25-2002, 04:19 PM   #9
punkerlily17
cutecutecute

very nice butter. i wanna get one of those

Old 08-25-2002, 10:28 PM   #10
Simon
Man, all these photos of the opals are starting to get on me....
I think that I might order a couple from you soon.....and what I mean by that is....very soon....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google