• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypomelanistic vs amelanistic

lisa.trunfio

Hi to all!

Here is my question, what is the difference between a Hipomelanistic and an Amelanistic corn.

Could you please send pics of baby corns of both morfs sayng what they are?

Thanks!!! :D
Lisa

Amels have no black at all, hypos have reduced black. General rule: 'A' means completely absent, hypo means reduced and melanin is the pigment that produces the black colouration in corns. There are pics in the photo gallery of both (heaps of amels!) so check there. HTH, :D

Thanks

Thanks for the tips!
I'l go and have a look in the photos and check it out!
Of the topic question....what does HTH meen?
I'm Italian and have some problems grasping these things ;)
Lisa

Re: Thanks

lisa.trunfio said:
Of the topic question....what does HTH meen?
I'm Italian and have some problems grasping these things ;)
Lisa

HTH means Hope This Helps....

HTH;)

Ken

Hey, Don't worry about it! I did italian at university in first year and I found it hard to grasp all the different feminine, masculine, I we you he she it...well everything really!
Ciao! Thats about all I can remember!

easy to see difference

Some hypos have hardly any black. The quickest way to tell the difference is in the eyes. Hypos have black eyes while albinos have red eyes. I personly am a big fan of the hypo but that doesn't help you tell the difference. Like in people, you can tell alot by their eyes.

here is a pic of a amel hatchling that u wanted

Attachments

• mvc-019s.jpg
    mvc-019s.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 71
Back