• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Housing babies together for SHORT term okay?

Colleen

I'm getting 3 new babies at the end of the month. We are in the process of building a Lg. 4 viv. condo unit, but it won't be completed for a few weeks AFTER we get them. Is it ok to house them together in a 10 gal. tank (fed seperately of course)till it's done? Will this cause stress on the babies? I hate to have to spend extra money on seperate tanks for such short use, but I will gladly if this will cause major problems. Any advice or opinions would be great.

Thanks

:) Colleen

For the most part housing corns together usually isn't a problem since they are not canibalistic. They has been documentation stating that when they are newborns they may eat another baby snake. Keep an eye on them, I know a lot of people that house them together without a problem. Also, cheap small plastic containers are fine to house them temporarily until their home is complete. MAKE SURE AIR HOLES ARE SMALLER THAN THEIR HEADS. Where the head goes the body goes!

Last edited:
actually snakes are carnivores. just to let you know. I think what you ment to say was their not canables. but even in some rare cases they are.

It'll be alright but then separation of the two as soon as possible is recommanded. Breeding (this would be a problem for snakes that are too young) and canabalism could occur

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

no problem, i saw your first post agian and it said canabalistic. I thought i was gowing crazy then it came to me that you just edited it. lol

Back