CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #11
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
So don't click it............
You can click it to check it out but if the topic is not of interest, click out.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #12
danielle
David I think this means steer clear of the political topics...one day in your near future you will get it and find yourself in awe of your own and others political ideologies I promise!!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #13
tsst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
And I STILL agree with all posters...
Spoken like a real politician Dean! Are you running for office? I will vote for you!

Old 08-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #14
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsst View Post
Spoken like a real politician Dean! Are you running for office? I will vote for you!
Thank you. But if they hold another mod election, My hat will be firmly affixed to my head.

Since this is general chit-chat, I'll defend David's right to express his opinion. It won't change a thing, and no one needs to read or respond to this thread either. Heck, if I had my way, this forum would be limited to ages 40+.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
tsst
Quote:
Thank you. But if they hold another mod election, My hat will be firmly affixed to my head.

Since this is general chit-chat, I'll defend David's right to express his opinion. It won't change a thing, and no one needs to read or respond to this thread either. Heck, if I had my way, this forum would be limited to ages 40+.
lol Hey wait a sec I see where your going with that, being only 39 you would not have to mod it?

Old 08-28-2009, 10:23 PM   #16
Maize411
Talking

Quote:
And I STILL agree with all posters...
I'll notify the media...

Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #17
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsst View Post
lol Hey wait a sec I see where your going with that, being only 39 you would not have to mod it?
You may have missed a broader point-- one that could be considered hypocrisy (or irony, for the irony-lovers out there).

Old 08-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #18
Carinata
The reason I posted this is because I feel like there are so many other constructive things to talk about. Mabye someone could open a political sub forum?

Old 08-29-2009, 12:23 AM   #19
Michael823
I don't think that David being 15 makes it any less of a valid point, and not everyone looks for a political identity as they age. I see the point, and it's not as simple as just clicking out. It is now an overwhelming aspect of this site, rather than occasional discussion. I only check into to this site as of lately, whereas it was a major part of my internet experience before. I can respond to most of the non-political threads in a matter of minutes, and have to dig for something really thought provoking.
It's kind of depressing, and almost suppresses the potential creativity this site offers. I see the need for political discussion, but it is more doom and gloom. Reptile enthusiasts are a problem solving people, and when someone has a problem, others are quick and eager to help out. The political threads don't reflect that lighter side of discussion, and is more of a one sided coin than a true enlightening conversation. The just of a discussion is covered in the first page or two, and then it becomes locked in as primarily a bashing session after that. There is much of the prepare for the worst mentality, but not equal hope for the best. It makes all the difference. I love to learn about new bills, possible outcomes, etc... And there are many educated people here to articulate what they mean. But when the negative outweighs the good, there becomes less reason to stay involved.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #20
ZoologyGirl
Door number 2!!

...Oh wait...that's Lets make a Deal...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google