CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Nightmare

Old 01-23-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
ArvadaLanee
Nightmare

I know it's not the best pic, but here he is!
Nightmare has been here just 4 days, and already he seems perfectly at home. He is active in the evening, and early morning, and during the day he has been doing his sleeping curled up in his hammock. Today, I wanted to clean and refill his water dish, and when I removed the lid, I thought for sure he would hide, but he stayed put, and didn't seem bothered. I am taking that as a good sign, and hoping that it means he feels comfortable, and secure in his new home.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
ZiggysMom
You have a cute new friend. Congrats.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:21 AM   #3
cornyjo
He sounds quite happy ,dosent he 😀.Our wee Theo still hides when Jo goes near viv , he does seem to be exploring when we not in room so clearly still a bit afraid of us big bad humans but this evening is 48hrs since last pinky so more cuddles for Theo tonight .How long have u got left before u can handle. Xx we eventually managed to weigh our wee guy the other night and he is 10 grams xx

Old 01-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #4
ArvadaLanee
Our plan for handling is to go very slowly, because he is so young. On Monday, (two days from now) we will be giving him his first pinkie, and if that goes well, then Wednesday will be the first time we hold him. I think we will limit it to about 10 minutes. He seems very comfortable in his home, but I know handling is going to be scary for him. It is exciting for us, though! I just hope his first feeding goes smoothly. I might try to get a weight on him on Wednesday, by weighing him in his deli cup and just subtracting the weight of the cup.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #5
cornyjo
good luck

Good luck with pinkie 😱 it's so stressful worrying about them eating for the first time isn't it ! We are just about to feed pinkie this evening Theo has yet to strike feed and will only take from kitchen roll if left in viv 😠 but I'm happy he is eating and digesting happily so baby steps x

Old 01-26-2015, 09:30 AM   #6
ArvadaLanee
It sounds like your little one is eating well! What will this be, his 3rd feeding? Tonight is the big night for us, first feeding. I sure hope it goes well.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:16 AM   #7
LittleFrog
Aww, he's adorable!

Old 01-26-2015, 10:31 AM   #8
ArvadaLanee
Thanks! We think so too.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #9
cornyjo
7th feed!!!,😉

Our wee Theo had his 7 th pinkie last night .We got him on hogmany and he gets a pinkie every Wed and Sun so yeah I think it's going really well .I got some great photos of him in action last night with his pinky not sure how to add but they are in my albums it was amazing to watch .Let me know how your feed goes I'm excited for you good luck xx

Old 01-26-2015, 11:31 PM   #10
ArvadaLanee
First feeding went very well! Nightmare ate like a champ! As soon as I put the pinkie down, he headed straight for it with his little tongue going nuts. He didn't strike at it, but he had it down in less than a minute! I feel such relief. So proud of our baby boy. I was all prepared to cover the viv, but he didn't care one bit. He was Hungry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google