CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Shedding

Old 01-16-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
agonzaga281
Shedding

Sorry for the dumb question! It’s sometimes Difficult to tell when my Juvenile snake is in shed. How do you tell? She is hiding a lot more then usual right now but that’s it... never seen her eyes blue. Beginner snake owner here just want to educate myself on the species!

Old 01-16-2021, 10:10 AM   #2
agonzaga281
Always check her temps (Hot side: 85degrees cold side:75). And keep a humid hide for her. So may not Be temp or humidit.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #3
agonzaga281
Thanks!

Old 01-16-2021, 10:52 AM   #4
hypnoctopus
What morph is she? If she's a light eyed morph, like a snow, it can be a little harder to tell when they go blue. Their pink eyes will be a cloudy pink. If she's a dark eyed morph, the eyes will actually turn cloudy blue.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:13 AM   #5
agonzaga281
@hypnoctopus I just checked on her in her viv the other day and she was in blue. Maybe I just never catch her in her blue phase. Thanks for the reply!

Old 02-03-2021, 06:22 AM   #6
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
What morph is she? If she's a light eyed morph, like a snow, it can be a little harder to tell when they go blue. Their pink eyes will be a cloudy pink. If she's a dark eyed morph, the eyes will actually turn cloudy blue.

T hi s ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 02-03-2021, 06:25 AM   #7
Zincubus
I spray my vivs kinda randomly BUT if one of the snakes is in shed mode I tend to spray each day THEN once I notice the eyes are clear of the snake gets it’s colour back THEN start spraying well a couple of times daily until the skin has been shed

Old 02-17-2021, 12:05 PM   #8
agonzaga281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
I spray my vivs kinda randomly BUT if one of the snakes is in shed mode I tend to spray each day THEN once I notice the eyes are clear of the snake gets it’s colour back THEN start spraying well a couple of times daily until the skin has been shed

I always catch her in the stage before blue or when she goes clear. Because she is always hiding In her blue stage. Which makes sense. The clear stage always confuses me because I think she may have shed her skin. Now I try to keep a consistent humidity until I see a shed. Thanks for the tip!

Old 02-17-2021, 12:10 PM   #9
agonzaga281
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
She's a dark eyed morph. I think she just hides more often in her blue phase which I never see her out. Which makes sense now. Because they are so vulnerable at that stage. Thanks though! I did notice her deep under the spagnum moss in blue in her hide a couple of weeks ago.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google