• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cypress mulch dampness?

MissJennifer

Evening everyone!
A quick question on this type of bedding, as I'm not used to it.
My local store didn't have enough fir bedding. For my tank; so I grabbed cypress. Crue is in heaven with it - buried right in & haven't seen her since.
In doing my research, I know it's supposed to be damp & dry on top. How damp is damp though?
All temps & humidity is normal, I'm just concerned on the condensation on the hot side.
The 4th photo is under her water bowl .
5th I. Checked on her.... As its been a few days since I've seen her.
c9a3abd79852ba2dfab857fac8d39519.jpg
b5ed47dbf558d16cb3d20485dce2fa6b.jpg
7e88c0b1f499c3b15dd0f08c5d2ece9a.jpg
7b239c05f9ae99df9b54e226dac1f1e0.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Don’t worry. Cypress mulch doesn’t tend to mold. Also, if you have just put it in the tank, the dampness goes away after awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back