• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this ghost or anery or something else?

MatCat

IMG_20200709_213156827.jpg

Just got this 10 year old girl from craigslist, I am thinking its ghost because no black outlining, but not 100%, any opinions?

Is she in blue or are the blueish eyes just an effect from the camera? She's definitely quite brown for an anery, but she looks really dark for a ghost. If she's in blue, her true colors might be a little different.

Is she in blue or are the blueish eyes just an effect from the camera? She's definitely quite brown for an anery, but she looks really dark for a ghost. If she's in blue, her true colors might be a little different.

The blueish effect is certainly my camera, my camera does WIERD things to snake eyes! In person her eyes are pretty much jet black looking, and clear atm, I was wondering if she was getting close to going in shed though, her scales and such just kind of look like it might be close, but its hard to tell, my only other snake is my baby corn and at her tiny size its really hard to view the details like I can on this much bigger adult :).

I am really bad at identifying the anerythristic morphs, honestly! Sarah Mohr (username scmartin27) is great at identifying morphs.

Better lit photos would honestly help. and just based on his overall coloration, I'm really certain this guy is going to be shedding soon.

IMG_20200710_125811930.jpg

Next time I take take her out to handle I will try to get much better pics, got this one while she is sleeping :). I also think you are correct about getting ready to shed, in person her eyes are jet black, my camera makes all snake eyes look like in shed :p But her scale appearance seems like it too.

IMG_20200710_214249233.jpg

Fed her tonight so I got as good a pic as I could, the heavily iradescent spot is the brightest focal point of the flashlight, why it appears that way, reality is her entire body is iradescent with strong enough light, its really cool. Also as a side note I didn't think corns got big enough for rats, but she took a small rat and look at the bulge, its pretty much perfect size for her! Video of feeding:

I think charcoal is very likely. Is there any way in the future you can make the images smaller? I have a 20 inch monitor and I'm having to do a ton of scrolling to see the whole thing.

When I use imageshack links, there's a menu that specifies size and you can choose 800x600. Otherwise you can do very simple resizing yourself in Microsoft paint.

IMG_20200712_223252968.jpg

Took this pic last night, SNEK TIE! Pretty good pick of her pattern, also tried to put a width= attribute, lets see if this forum supports that...

Back