CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Wind Serpents 2017 Planned Pairings

Old 05-22-2017, 09:05 PM   #21
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillim494 View Post
What's the morph in the 2nd pic?
Hypo het orchid phet motley.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:49 PM   #22
Dragonling
The last two of Akiri's clutch emerged sometime overnight. The hypo has an aberrant pattern, and miiiiiight just have to be a keeper. Unfortunately no more motleys, but at least we got one to confirm it's in the mix there. I'm crossing my fingers this weirdo and the motley we got earlier happen to be a pair...

Delta's clutch was somewhat disappointing, as I expected at least some of her offspring to have her oddly aberrant pattern. Well, I got my wish with the last little holdout. I found this cutie wandering in the egg box this morning.

I am now struggling with the reality that I probably can't keep everything I want to keep.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:53 AM   #23
Dragonling
Sierra's clutch started hatching yesterday. Perfectly matching the odds, I've got 4 lavas out of 16 surviving eggs. The first of them to emerge is my target, lava tessera. Now for the REAL stretch...let's hope it happens to be het charcoal! The odds of THAT are heavily against me, but not knowing Sierra's parentage, it's possible (though highly unlikely) she could have come from a visual diamond outcross. IF that were the case, it would actually be more likely that any visual lavas are indeed het charcoal. But again, we're talking extremely astronomical odds here.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #24
DollysMom
They are so cute! Congrats.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #25
Dragonling
Here are some quick updates on my keepers from last year.

1.0 Lava Tessera ph Charcoal Diffused Lavender Amel Motley
Really excited to see what might hatch from this pair!

0.1 Lava ph Charcoal Diffused Lavender Amel Motley
Unfortunately in shed in this photo. I'll have to get better ones soon.

1.0 Hypo het Lavender Sunkissed ph Motley
Crazy about his aberrant pattern.

0.1 Hypo het Lavender Sunkissed ph Motley
I picked this girl to keep because of her yellow tint and saddle pattern. Both she and her brother seem to have Motley-ish patterns, which could suggest they might carry Motley? We will see in a few years.

1.0 Red Factor Amel Buf Tessera het Diffused
These guys have thrown me for a loop. The sire is certainly homozygous Red Factor, but all of the Buf hatchlings in this clutch are retaining a very pale background. Waiting to see how this guy develops.

0.1 Red Factor Amel het Hypo Lavender Diffused
She absolutely GLOWS. This is one of my most exciting projects!

1.0 Buf Tessera het Strawberry Lavender Diffused ph Amel Lava Caramel
Lots of potential here, along with a pleasingly busy, streaky pattern.

0.1 Buf Tessera het Strawberry Lavender Diffused ph Amel Lava Caramel
I like her almost leopard-spotted pattern.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:24 PM   #26
MysticExotics
Wow, beautiful babies!

Old 01-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #27
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Wow, beautiful babies!
Thanks! Unfortunately I may eventually have to sell a few projects since it looks like we may not be moving for a while. :/ It's either that or I need to rent a room or flex space nearby, and I just don't have the production numbers to justify that really. My max capacity without doing some major reshuffling or buying much more cramped racks is about 26 adults (and that's assuming zero room for new grow-ups), and I've got about 33 current and future breeders plus another 8 out on loan. Many of my current projects are going to involve keeping more holdbacks...ugh! I need a business partner with a spare bedroom. I'm starting to regret building my garter snake's paludarium. I probably could have convinced the boyfriend to let me just put a hatchling rack on the big dresser and get another 10 slot. Fortunately any phet Goldens that don't prove out will be sold, which is why I've been pushing their growth more than the others, but I have no reason to test the boys this year and I may not even really need them now that I have the two 100% het males.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google