CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 08-29-2009, 09:50 AM   #31
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post

But I have this nutty friend here who's terrified of birds, and I'm not about to edit bird-thread titles for her. (Sorry, hon. )
That's just wrong.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #32
ghosthousecorns
I've said a few times over the course of my membership here that I hate the political threads. Of course it is easy to say just don't click them. I try not to but sometimes the politics and the animosity sneaks over into other threads. I don't like them because they get too heated, they seldom stay civil and there tends to be a lot af bashing of the opposite party.
Most disturbing to me have been some recent things like discussing the possibility of states seceding from the union and a joke about "a good ol' fashioned lynching" of our president. It's like seeing a side of people that you wish they hadn't chosen to show publicly. Mostly amounting to a lot of belly achin' their candidate lost the election.
I have to agree with Snakemaster on this one, this is a corn snake site and there are plenty of other sites on the web out there that are just for politics. That is how I feel and have felt for a while. However since what I feel doesn't mean anything I am just trying my best not to click them any more. If I see there's a political thread I just try to skip over it and go "next" because when I do read some of the stuff in those threads it is just disturbing. I have just been participating in the forum less often and so have other people i have noticed.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #33
tricksterpup
Quote:
Thank you. But if they hold another mod election, My hat will be firmly affixed to my head.
of course you would.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #34
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
of course you would.
I need to hire a hacker to remove that pic from your hard drive (and anywhere else it may reside).

Old 08-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #35
jazzgeek
Quote:
You may have missed a broader point-- one that could be considered hypocrisy (or irony, for the irony-lovers out there).
I'm just a fan. :P

Dale

Old 08-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #36
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
Like Mike said it is overbearing to see threads like "Obama this" Or "media that" everywhere
I feel your pain. They're so overbearing, that I see you responding to each one. How do you handle that burden, and handle it so well?

Dale

Old 08-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #37
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post
I feel your pain. They're so overbearing, that I see you responding to each one. How do you handle that burden, and handle it so well?

Dale

Lol. Excellent observation!

Old 08-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #38
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post
I'm just a fan. :P

Dale
Hah! You're right; there IS a distinct difference...

Old 08-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #39
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
That's just wrong.
Is it you? Are you afraid of birds? This is a new one to me....

Old 08-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #40
Drizzt80

D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google