• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The official Black Milksnake thread!!

Well, all of mine seem to "anchor" it into my skin while I hold them. They just press that sucker up into my skin and then move around "securely". LOL.

New here but stoked to have found so many black milk lovers!!! I have two 4 foot '06's (male and female) named Ebony and Jet, and one 3 foot '07 (male) named Ashur :) I cant get enough of them I tell ya!!! I hope to find one other female soon to make it 4! I found out about these snakes a little over a year ago and they quickly became my favorite snake out there!!! Cant wait till they start hitting 5 feet and up!!!

I hope this is not too :-offtopic but can anybody tell me how you can see the difference between a black milk and an MBK? I think mine to be an MBK, but seeing these ones ... at first sight they are so alike... I read the tail thing, but as mine has had to have her tail taken off (apparently quite an accident before I got her, she was probably an escapee), I obviously can't look at it...

New here but stoked to have found so many black milk lovers!!! I have two 4 foot '06's (male and female) named Ebony and Jet, and one 3 foot '07 (male) named Ashur :) I cant get enough of them I tell ya!!! I hope to find one other female soon to make it 4! I found out about these snakes a little over a year ago and they quickly became my favorite snake out there!!! Cant wait till they start hitting 5 feet and up!!!
Got pics? We'd love to see them. How are their colors? Are they all black yet, or still have their colors.

Glad to have found another Black Milk friend!

I hope this is not too :-offtopic but can anybody tell me how you can see the difference between a black milk and an MBK? I think mine to be an MBK, but seeing these ones ... at first sight they are so alike... I read the tail thing, but as mine has had to have her tail taken off (apparently quite an accident before I got her, she was probably an escapee), I obviously can't look at it...

MBK has dark brown or black skin, Black Milk has white skin :) You can see it when they stretch their scales. I have both and definitely see the difference now!

Got pics? We'd love to see them. How are their colors? Are they all black yet, or still have their colors.

Glad to have found another Black Milk friend!

You know I have not been faithful with my picture taking of them unfortunately haha! I have a few shots on my cell phone but nothing all that great. My '06's are both solid black (well my female shows dim traces of color under her throat, but very faint now), and my '07 is mostly black but under the light you can see some banding still....but thats fading quickly too!!

And me too!!! So awesome to have found more black milk "fanboys" out there haha!!!

Excellent to meet another black milk owner and lover!

The Black Kings only get to 3 1/2 foot, while the Black Milks get 5 feet long. Also Black milks start out Tri-Colored, (black, red, and white), and slowly turn black as they get older. Black Kings are black from the day they hatch.
The difference between the two Black Kings, is the Black King, (Lampropeltis g. nigra), has white spots along their bottom jaw and dorsal, Mexican Black Kings, (Lampropeltis g. nigrita), do not.

Hello Lovin2act. I've seen you posting on the milk snake forum. Welcome, again, to the cornsnake forum. I've got 3 black milks. An adult male and female, and a juvenile male. I love them, too. Wonderful snakes. I've got a few photos, but they are pretty bad.

pics

Here's a few pics of mine. First two, the adult male and then adult female and then the juvenile male. Like i said before, they aren't very good pics.

Attachments

• Phoenix 003.JPG
    Phoenix 003.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Phoenix 002.JPG
    Phoenix 002.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 138
  • Glory 002.JPG
    Glory 002.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Tonka 003.JPG
    Tonka 003.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 139
Thanks dnd!! Think I've seen you there too! I feel you on the pics though...my guys get antsy and dont like to pose for pics very much. Sounds like we have a similar amount, my pair are almost adults (4feet), and my smaller one is just becoming a young adult (32 inches). Really stoked to find you guys on here!!

These are really beautiful snakes. I hadn't previously realized they started off tricolored & went black. I am in as deep as I can afford to be in snakes already (buying tubs!) but if I had more room I would want one.

I finally got the pics off my cell phone of my guys, they aint great but I guess they are something better than nothin huh!!

The first is Jet, my male cruisin his cage, second is Ebony, my female having a drink, third is her again about 5 months ago, and last is my little male Ashur, still showing traces of his banding somewhat.

Attachments

• Jet2 (Medium).jpg
    Jet2 (Medium).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Ebony drink2 (Medium).jpg
    Ebony drink2 (Medium).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Ebony2 (Medium).jpg
    Ebony2 (Medium).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Ashur2 (Medium).jpg
    Ashur2 (Medium).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 135
Thanks a bunch!!! I freakin adore them!!!! And yeah Ashur is starting to look pretty solid!!!! I cant wait for them to get to be huge ol biggins :D

I weighed Coal today, who's in blue again, and he's 297 grams and around 3 foot. For a late '07, I think he's probably going to hit the full 60 inches as an adult...

^^Coal is a cool name!!!

I like how we all have so many clever names with a "dark" meaning to them for these awesome snakes :)

Back