• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Newest or Rare(ist) Morph?

Personlly, I would like to think that a Powder is still pretty rare out there. I do believe there are no female Powders in the USA but there may be overseas.

I am thinking that maybe a Charcoal Lavender is pretty rare still. I am sure you will get many different answers on this thread. Should be interesting to read this thread!

The newest morph probably hasnt even been posted up anywhere yet. Someone is sitting on something til it is proven out.

Are we talking single genes or combo morphs?

If we are talking about single genes then:

Tessera is the appears to be the newest admitted gene but who knows how long it had been around before KJ/Graham/etc picked it up and what about the other person whom has something similar.

What about that Calico thing that may or may not be corn.

The patternless thing that Rich had for sale which looks almost leuchistic but carries more than just the one gene but what exactly who knows.

Scaleless was found in 2005 I think so that's quite recent.

Hector has some gene that looks remarkably like an amel stripe as a hatchling but I don't know much/anything about those.

And then I know that there are other 'secret' new corn genes out and about.

If we are talking about combos then most of the pied combo morphs are fairly scarce as will be tessera and terrazzo morphs, sunkissed caramel motleys, lava charcoala, charcoal stripes, cinder combos, and many more!

aww poor things, I read they have a lot of problems, i bet they don't like it ether :(

I have read that they have no problems and love to go about in their birthday suits. To bad they are a hybrid, cuz I would love to have some if they were not one.

Also, that 'stillman' corn or whatever it was being called that was pictured on here a while back.

So I believe...

you right buddy :).... To bad I can't keep a secret or else I would call all my projects "Top secret" like sum breeders do.....

Other than Tessera and Hypo Cinder, I would say another NEW morph and definitely RARE is that Anery or Charcoal Amber Stripe that Darryl Walker produced this year. Here is a picture...

99332DSCF3567.JPG

99332DSCF3569.JPG

thanx for saying it Mike!!! :) I've always knew they were hybrids....But then again what's consider a pure cornsnakes today...

But most people think it is a hybrid with a scaleless Texas rat, funny it came from an emoryi x corn combo

Hey thank you for link. I'm definitely not an expert but I'd say it looks more like a ratsnake, but i could easily be wrong. My opinion is completely based on the head of the snake.

I have seen it in person, held it and examined it very closely and in hand it looks like a corn, nothing like a rat or rat hybrid. But what do I know right? I can tell you one thing, I would really like to own one or two of them, maybe one day?

In regards to Tesserra, they may be a rare morph, but much like the ultramel trait, that won't last long, in 4-5 years there will be a ton of them out there since they are a co-dominate trait.

dc

I have seen it in person, held it and examined it very closely and in hand it looks like a corn, nothing like a rat or rat hybrid. But what do I know right? I can tell you one thing, I would really like to own one or two of them, maybe one day?

In regards to Tesserra, they may be a rare morph, but much like the ultramel trait, that won't last long, in 4-5 years there will be a ton of them out there since they are a co-dominate trait.

I'm not trying to down the Calico, My first two thoughts were WOW thats amazing finally a calico and oh but it looks like it maybe ratsnake. But that doesn't mean it is one. If you have seen it and held it I'd believe it is a corn.

and yes in 4-5 years there probably will be alot of Tessera's, but thats ok cause ANY NEW corn morph is always good!

I'm not trying to down the Calico, My first two thoughts were WOW thats amazing finally a calico and oh but it looks like it maybe ratsnake. But that doesn't mean it is one. If you have seen it and held it I'd believe it is a corn.

and yes in 4-5 years there probably will be alot of Tessera's, but thats ok cause ANY NEW corn morph is always good!

I wasn't offended or upset, I was just offering y opinion. I am not that well known though so most people wouldn't put much stock in my opinion is why I offered the "but what do I know" comment. It is a really neat looking animal in person, just white and then you have a few orange or red or black scales or a swath of orange on an otherwise white belly...really cool looking, not to mention the eyes, they looked really interesting also.

dc

Back