CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

So Peach is now Amaretto?

Old 05-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #161
Nanci
That looks like a good read for when I have nothing to do!!! Maybe tomorrow at work??

Old 05-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #162
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
Thanks Susan. Glad you set me str8 where others could not. Or cared not to. Or whatever that is. From the household of Connie & Chuck. If you cross an Amaretto with a Bloodred, what do you get?
We'll have to wait for the next Morph Guide to find out, and that may not be for another year or two or more. If they haven't the time now due to the next Pritzel/Hurley generation, from experience, they still won't until the wee ones are in college or beyond.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #163
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
That looks like a good read for when I have nothing to do!!! Maybe tomorrow at work??
You'll enjoy it, even with the lack of photos due to the age of the thread. And I believe you have seen enough examples of the morph in question to be able to see the missing photo examples in your mind.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #164
Reptilekyle64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
We'll have to wait for the next Morph Guide to find out, and that may not be for another year or two or more. If they haven't the time now due to the next Pritzel/Hurley generation, from experience, they still won't until the wee ones are in college or beyond.
Daring to talk off topic: I belive that to be true, certianly won't be for a while and a group effort between people would be needed to create a new one. I belive that they truly help our community and feel more lost every year without one.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #165
Nanci
The annual CMG is my most anticipated publication of the year, always.

I remember being super-productive once my daughter was out of the toddler years. I certainly got more done then than now!

Old 06-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #166
eeji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarmuck View Post
I saw that Stephen Roylance is starting to call Hypo Lavender Caramels, "Amaretto"s. When I saw this, I thought that the term "Peach" had been decided on. At least I had seen it in many places, but (for me) most importantly Ians Vivarium. But when I went over there, it had been removed. So what happened? Amaretto? Peach? Amberder? Huh......
My apologies for quoting the first post and also for any misleading by calling amber lavender (or amaretto) 'Peach' on Ians Vivarium., but I want to clear up the highlighted point.

Morphs are only usually added to IV as photos become available for me to use and most of the time I have to trust that I am given the correct information.
In the case of 'Peach' on IV, it turns out that the photo I used was of an animal from Rich Humes mystery line and as soon as I was made aware of this the page got pulled.

The morph has now been re-added under the heading of 'Amber Lavender (Amaretto)' so as not to create any more confusion.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #167
PURPLEGOTH666
Eeji in the above post is Ian of Ian's vivarium so you would need to talk to him.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #168
SnakeAround
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshark View Post
Movin' to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches
I'm movin' to the country I'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches
I'm movin' to the country I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches
Peaches come from a can they were put there by a man
In a factory downtown
If I had my little way I'd eat peaches everyday
Sun soakin bulges in the shade

I'm movin to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches

I took a little nap where the roots all twist
Squished a rotten peach in my fist
And dreamed about you woman
I poked my finger down inside makin' a little room for a ant to hide
Nature's candy in my hand or can or a pie

Millions of peaches peaches for me
Millions of peaches peaches for free

Look out

Look out
Love that song

Old 06-16-2012, 05:05 AM   #169
mjdglobal
I wish everyone would stop using 'lav'. Sure, it's used mostly for lavender but a lot of times it's referring to lava. A couple of extra keystrokes would help to clarify what's being described. To be clear, I'm not talking about this as a stand-alone term. If I see 'lav' I understand we're talking about lavender, but when I see 'lavsomething' or 'somethinglav', I'm not quite sure which morph we're talking about unless there's a picture or I can use clues in the text to figure out what the hell is being described.
Aside from this one gripe, I have no problems with morph names in the cornsnake trade. I feel it's fairly easy to keep up with the names, so far anyway.

Mitch

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google