CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

2015 Breeding Season

Old 07-26-2015, 08:00 PM   #191
ecreipeoj
Hypo Plasma ph Charcoal X Bloodred het Lavender

Target: Out Crossed Plasmas

I have added a couple different Plasma lines to my original, such as this female from Walt S.

I Out Cross to produce most combines these days, except for my original projects, especially to make "old combines" such as Plasmas.

Plasmas have been around awhile, and from mostly one source.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:05 PM   #192
ecreipeoj
Bloodred het Caramel PS x Tessera het Caramel Bloodred

Last but not least for today.

Both parents are ph for Hypo Amel, so my target really is, Tessera Butter Bloodred, or Tessera Amber Bloodred, but I will need the phs to prove out or I will just get Tessera Caramel Bloodreds, oh no!

Old 07-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #193
ecreipeoj
Topaz Bloodred het Straw x Strawberry het Fire

What a good girl!

I found her laying last night in the first photo, and she was finished up laying 17 eggs this morning.

With six genes in this line, a lot is possible, but RC and YJ are also in the line, so are there 8 genes in the mix? What about Border-less, would that make 9 genes?

This female Strawberry looks to have influences of YJ and RC. Are they het or homo influences? With some morphs such as Amel, Butter, Lava and Topaz there are many shade of yellow and red color possible.

If YJ and RC are co-dominant, each can have 3 shades itself, combined with the 3 from the other gene, there are many slight color shade possibilities.

It is quite dramatic with Amel. I once bred my Red Amel Motley line to a Butter Motley and produced Tangerine Motleys het Caramel. I had no idea why at the time, but I do now.

I bred Bearded Dragons for a while. They have the same type of co-dominant red and yellow genes, but thought it was just selective breeding. It is not surprising to me to find it in Corns too.

Wouldn't you think a very nice Sunglow, is homo YJ, RC, Amel and Borderless? These genes have been around a long time. An Amel Okeetee is red with borders. Other localities of Corns, if Amel would normally be reddish.

Yellow Jacket and RedCoat are more than just color variations of different localities or selective breeding, to me they are obvious on/off genes.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #194
ecreipeoj
Goldens

Have you seen them? I have, not the original, but the few that were produced from the group.

You know what I didn't see in the Goldens in person, that I see in the photo of the original wild caught, the metallic sheen.

I am excited about the Golden line, because of the POSSIBLITIES.

Is the Golden Line a wild caught line with a compatible line of Caramel in it? It looks to me as if a yellow causing gene such as YJ is also in the line. The wild caught male from the same local,used to breed to the original Golden, was not yellow, but the offspring all were.

Where is the metallic sheen of the wild caught Golden on the offspring? It hasn't been produced yet, so perhaps it is caused by a recessive Metallic Gene? What else could be causing the gold color of the wild caught compared to the YJ looking Caramel and "Caramels" recovered offspring to date? I don't think it is just the photos, it looks very different to me than any Caramel we have seen.

I am going to be very interested in looking at the combines I recover from the het Goldens I bred this year from my perspective and experience, compared to the collector of the Golden line.

If there is a Metallic gene, I may see it on the Normals where he was only looking for "Caramels" or Goldens. If Goldens are homo Metallic Caramels, we are looking at a 1 in 12 chance from my 13 eggs. No more than that have been produced from the line so far, so a hidden gene is still very possible in the line.

A Metallic gene would be awesome to combine with the existing combines.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #195
ecreipeoj
Lava Motley het Striped Snow X Normal het Striped Lava Lavender

I was planning on breeding this female to my Striped Ice, but due to his low fertility this year, I chose this male.

Targets: Lava Motley het Striped, Striped Lava

Old 08-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #196
ecreipeoj
RedCoat Bloodred het Striped Charcoal X RedCoat Bloodred ph Striped Charcoal

Target: RedCoat Bloodreds and test out the female for Striped Charcoal.

With a 66% chance for Striped and/or Charcoal to show up in the clutch, I expect one or the other, and hope for both.

Striped Pewters would be nice!

Old 09-06-2015, 10:21 PM   #197
DuxorW
Joe, I thought about the lava/charcoal thing some more, and expanded on it in a post in the morphs/genetics issues subforum, if you are interested.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141727

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google