CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

So Peach is now Amaretto?

Old 04-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
fyrefocks
Woah now. Hold up there, kids. I think that before anyone names any cinder/ashy/Z combos, we should first DECIDE ON CINDER/ASHY/z. That makes sense, right?

Old 04-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
ghosthousecorns
I'll chime in, I like names that I can tell what the morph is better than "pretty word names" too, I like hypo lav, anery lav, caramel lav, sunkissed lav etc much better than the alternative stuff, moonstone orchid and what have you. I don't really care what other people use but I try and put the morph name on my delis: Anery bloodred, Hypo cinder, etc. That way I don't have to look up what it is if I'm buying or explain what it is if I'm selling.
I do think it is a courtesy to let the "first ever" breeder name the morph, but if they pick a name that people don't like it usually doesn't stick. If you are really into a certain morph you will learn the trade names, but if you don't "follow the trends" it can get confusing.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #13
airenlow
Who bred the first Hypo Caramel Lavs? Rich Hume? Vinny? Rich Z? Carol? Stephen? The combo is about 6 years old...

Old 04-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #14
UniqueSnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
How about Zypo Stripe?
Really I prefer Hypo Ashy Stripe
wow! that sounds Powerful!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #15
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrefocks View Post
Woah now. Hold up there, kids. I think that before anyone names any cinder/ashy/Z combos, we should first DECIDE ON CINDER/ASHY/z. That makes sense, right?
I prefer "Cinder" myself.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #16
Tara80
I also call them Cinders.
Is that what Carol named them, or did she call them Ashy. I believe she's the one that first discovered the gene, although my memory could be wrong there.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #17
iculatr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
He's my issue; Amaretto does not look anything like those snakes. At least give me a clue to the genetics involved. Lots of the corn "trade names" have that problem.

Amaretto? No idea what's in it.
Amberder? Amber Lav, but you sound like a goob.
Carender? Is that a care bear with gimp?
Avalanche? Snow I'm guessing, but what else? Oh blood red, well that's morbid. Snow + Blood x ski resort = Bloody Snow, hence Avalanche? I fail to see the logic.

To each his own in the end, but I think changing morph names just because they sound better to you, needs to get roped in.
I love this post! I agree 100%!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #18
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
Avalanche? Snow I'm guessing, but what else? Oh blood red, well that's morbid. Snow + Blood x ski resort = Bloody Snow, hence Avalanche? I fail to see the logic.
I believe it could be because of what an Avalanche does to the side of a mountain, wiping it clean. Doesn't bloodred do the same thing to corns, good diffusion=clean sides?

On the Hypo Cinders... I like Hynder....LOL, but that could also work for Hypo Lavender...

Old 04-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
I also call them Cinders.
Is that what Carol named them, or did she call them Ashy. I believe she's the one that first discovered the gene, although my memory could be wrong there.
I thought I read somewhere that Rich Z had them and called them Ashy.... Not sure where I found that little bit of info, so I could just be making it up...

Old 04-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #20
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
I thought I read somewhere that Rich Z had them and called them Ashy.... Not sure where I found that little bit of info, so I could just be making it up...
Yes, I remember that ashy was Rich Z's name after the ashy gecko.
I always prefered cinder myself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google