CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

So Peach is now Amaretto?

Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #31
airenlow
Carol wasn't 6 years later though...

Old 04-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #32
ghosthousecorns
I guess if I start making snakes with that many genes I will just have to get the XXL labels for my delis then LOL. I can always try to make my handwriting smaller too. Anything to not have to carry around a little corn snake lexicon so I know what's in there? I know these days if you don't know what something is you can just do a search but I like skipping unnecessary steps when I can. And even if things can get too wordy, lot of the double morph combos already have common names that are widely in use, such as snow, ghost, amber, phantom, so if it gets too long I don't mind "amber lavender" "hypo snow" or "cinder ghost" (I actually have been using that last one as one word- cinderghost- for a snake that I believe to be hypo anery and cinder) but at least you can still know what the genetic makeup is of the snake on those examples.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #33
PURPLEGOTH666
I called the Peach corn into question with Ian (of vivarium fame ),as everything I had read said that it was unproven,didn't involve Caramel,where the morph submitted did.
After questioning the person who submitted the morph Peach to Ian's vivarium it was determined that he didn't really know what the combo was,and hadn't realised that Caramel wasn't involved hence it's removal from the Morph Guide.
Having seen pics of both Adults and hatchlings there seems to me to be similarities with the Line of Lavenders that Joe pearce had a few years back that he labelled as Sunset Lavender they also seem to fade out to normal looking Lavenders once adult.
Any thoughts about this from any one ???

Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #34
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
He's my issue; Amaretto does not look anything like those snakes. At least give me a clue to the genetics involved. Lots of the corn "trade names" have that problem.
I agree 100%. Amaretto is brown with gold highlights. If the snake is lavender and yellow there is no connection what-so-ever!

Quote:
Avalanche? Snow I'm guessing, but what else? Oh blood red, well that's morbid. Snow + Blood x ski resort = Bloody Snow, hence Avalanche? I fail to see the logic.
There is logic in this one. An Avalanche is homo for Snow, an Avalanche involves snow. An Avalanche is a Diffused Snow. What is Diffused? A blurring of the side pattern. An Avalanche is moving snow which blurs it. The only thing I don't like about the name Avalanche is it is long, but I can link the name to the genetics involved, blurred or moving snow.

Now with Amaretto, it makes no since to me at all. Calling a Lavender Caramel, Amaretto, is like calling a Hypo Lavender a brown =$%^. There is no connections at all.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #35
steve roylance
So glad we're not talking about Ball Pythons here...KillerBee, Kingpin, SoulSucker, Jellyfishmask, Boat ramp, Sasquatch Slippers Etc... Jeeesh!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #36
WingedSweetheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
So glad we're not talking about Ball Pythons here...KillerBee, Kingpin, SoulSucker, Jellyfishmask, Boat ramp, Sasquatch Slippers Etc... Jeeesh!
This is what made me steer away from ball pythons really. All too confusing. I looked at all those names and said, "WTF?". Sounds like a bunch of Juggalo kids made most of those names up. Sorry if the people who named them are well respected individuals. But that was my first thought seeing some of the ball python names lol.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #37
ceduke
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedSweetheart View Post
This is what made me steer away from ball pythons really. All too confusing. I looked at all those names and said, "WTF?". Sounds like a bunch of Juggalo kids made most of those names up. Sorry if the people who named them are well respected individuals. But that was my first thought seeing some of the ball python names lol.
Hahaha, you're not the only one who thought that!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #38
JimGERcream
Quote:
He's my issue; Amaretto does not look anything like those snakes. At least give me a clue to the genetics involved. Lots of the corn "trade names" have that problem.

Amaretto? No idea what's in it.
Amberder? Amber Lav, but you sound like a goob.
Carender? Is that a care bear with gimp?
Avalanche? Snow I'm guessing, but what else? Oh blood red, well that's morbid. Snow + Blood x ski resort = Bloody Snow, hence Avalanche? I fail to see the logic.

To each his own in the end, but I think changing morph names just because they sound better to you, needs to get roped in.
I totally agree.

btw whats wrong with "Lavamber"?

sounds still a bit like lavender and you have amber in it too...I'd use lavamber for that morph.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #39
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGERcream View Post
I totally agree.

btw whats wrong with "Lavamber"?

sounds still a bit like lavender and you have amber in it too...I'd use lavamber for that morph.
Two things I don't like about "Lavamber". First, have you actually said it out loud? Second, someone looking at it might think...lava and amber, not lavender and amber.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 AM   #40
JimGERcream
nope, I just wondered why nobody mentioned that name.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google