CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

So Peach is now Amaretto?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #41
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
So glad we're not talking about Ball Pythons here...KillerBee, Kingpin, SoulSucker, Jellyfishmask, Boat ramp, Sasquatch Slippers Etc... Jeeesh!
We do have these awesome names for corns though Steve..............LOL

Ice, Diamond, Powder, Quartz, Whiteout and of course already mantioned, Avalance.

A "Diamond" don't look like a diamond and a "Ice" DEFIANTLY don't look like ice (just don't make sense to me ) If it did, I surely wouldn't put in my glass.
The last 4 look very closely, if not look exactly the same..

Oh yeah, lets not forget the FIRE. Yeah that sure looks like fire.

Can't wait for my Amarettos to hatch !!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #42
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Smith View Post
We do have these awesome names for corns though Steve..............LOL

Ice, Diamond, Powder, Quartz, Whiteout and of course already mantioned, Avalance.

A "Diamond" don't look like a diamond and a "Ice" DEFIANTLY don't look like ice (just don't make sense to me ) If it did, I surely wouldn't put in my glass.
The last 4 look very closely, if not look exactly the same..

Oh yeah, lets not forget the FIRE. Yeah that sure looks like fire.

Can't wait for my Amarettos to hatch !!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!
Don't forget Citrine, the Orange/ Amber colored jewel. Which name was picked for a White snake.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #43
Carinata
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedSweetheart View Post
This is what made me steer away from ball pythons really. All too confusing. I looked at all those names and said, "WTF?". Sounds like a bunch of Juggalo kids made most of those names up. Sorry if the people who named them are well respected individuals. But that was my first thought seeing some of the ball python names lol.
Names may be confusing but the Soul Sucker's a 17k snake. For that price you could call it whatever you want!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #44
chris68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
Names may be confusing but the Soul Sucker's a 17k snake. For that price you could call it whatever you want!
You can call the guy who buys it for that whatever you want also

Old 05-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #45
iculatr
Ok, so how do we stop the ridiculousness of unfitting "trade names"? I think it has been pointed out many times that a lot of the current ones do not make sense at all. Do we do away with them as a whole, take a community vote each time there is a new morph, or just ignore when a new (unfitting) name is used? I mean, come on...what's next? Banana, lemon, cherry, pomegranate, apricot, kumquat, pepper, salt, sugar, ruby, sapphire, amethyst, gravel, dirt...etc??? It's just getting out of hand. Not as bad as the ball python morph names, but unfortunately, getting close to it...

Old 05-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #46
Outcast
I say ignore it until it goes away.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #47
iculatr
As much as Peach is unfitting (visually) for this "Lavender Hypo Caramel" morph, so is Amaretto. Is there a reason why Amaretto is more fitting? Is it because it sounds better? I'm not trying to stir the pot (especially since it's already been stirred), but I'm just trying to understand how a brownish-colored drink is relatable to a lavenderish/yellowish snake?

Photo is from Wikipedia

Old 05-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #48
Carinata
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68 View Post
You can call the guy who buys it for that whatever you want also

Hey a male Soulsucker will get you your money back in a year, no problem.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #49
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
Hey a male Soulsucker will get you your money back in a year, no problem.
What does that have to do with the name being positively idiotic??
How much money a male ball python with a silly morph name will make for you....I mean I know these threads do tend to go on tangents, but really David?

Old 05-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #50
Carinata
Well I was assuming from what Chris said above, it was foolish to buy one. If I misinterpreted, I apologize.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google