CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

So Peach is now Amaretto?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #61
iculatr
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
It took a little research, to figure out how it went from one to the other,
and here is the answer!<---clickyclick
LOL good one Dave!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #62
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
It took a little research, to figure out how it went from one to the other,
and here is the answer!<---clickyclick

Well I'll be... problem solved.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #63
fyrefocks
Is Dave suggesting that the Amberder is a Mexican locality corn snake?

Old 05-04-2012, 01:13 AM   #64
Tara80
Josh, I might be interested in buying some blueberry, or het blueberry corns from you this year!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #65
airenlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
Josh, I might be interested in buying some blueberry, or het blueberry corns from you this year!
Cool! PM sent.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #66
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
Look up some of these morphs- Banana, Crystal, Mystic Potion, Killer Clown, Mimosa, and for kicks, Tiger Orange Dream.
Ok, I did....well I looked up most of them anyway. And I am still not "feeling it". I mean, there is no color represented here that can't be done better and brighter by a colubrid.
My sweet little sunkissed lavender girl can blow them all away!

Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #67
Carinata
Oh you like Purples? Try some Super Phantom stuff, Deep Purple Passions, and take a peek at a Black Pastel Orange Ghost!

Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #68
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
Oh you like Purples? Try some Super Phantom stuff, Deep Purple Passions, and take a peek at a Black Pastel Orange Ghost!
Eh colubrids clean their clocks!!
colorwise
feeding wise
shed wise
lower instance of resp infections
and....most popular colubrids are native to the good ol' USA!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #69
Susan
I really don't understand what the fuss is all about. Trade names will either be used or not and what is accepted by the majority will most likely be what is used 10 years from now when the morph is as common as an amel. Honestly, why all this hulabaloo about the originator being the one to give the trade name. If that person does not jump in with a name at the start (or if there are multiple breeders creating the same thing at ther same time), and someone else does 6 years later, bit deal. You snooze, you lose! Is it a perfect match for color? Heck no! But then, what morph is? Many examples of "mismatched" names have been listed throughout this thread. The name "amaretto" is pretty and sounds better than "amberder", IMO, and only time will tell which one becomes the more widely accepted and used.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #70
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I really don't understand what the fuss is all about. Trade names will either be used or not and what is accepted by the majority will most likely be what is used 10 years from now when the morph is as common as an amel. Honestly, why all this hulabaloo about the originator being the one to give the trade name. If that person does not jump in with a name at the start (or if there are multiple breeders creating the same thing at ther same time), and someone else does 6 years later, bit deal. You snooze, you lose! Is it a perfect match for color? Heck no! But then, what morph is? Many examples of "mismatched" names have been listed throughout this thread. The name "amaretto" is pretty and sounds better than "amberder", IMO, and only time will tell which one becomes the more widely accepted and used.
Agreed! I might be blasted for saying this, but I kind of like the trade names..sure the newer ones are confusing but I don't mind learning them. At my age anything to help keep the mind nimble is a wonderful thing!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google