CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Tessera market

Old 10-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #131
TandJ
Theres a reason why I am not heavily doing much with corns anymore.. I haven't bred in a few years, and when I did there was more than enough cut throats with half ass animals, willing to cut anyones throat over qaulity... Not wasting my personal time trying to compete with people like that, no point.. I have pet corns now, and if the thoughts of Bryan trashed this Tess market, tsk tsk, some of you here have destroyed qaulity animal market as well.

Just saying, truth hurts that there has been and still is some very narcistic people in this hobby.. Not very suprised to see the bottom fall out of the Tess Market, it was more than obvious it would happen, and when theres more supply than demand, what would we expect seriously?

Regards.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #132
TandJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Little-known fact: cornsnakes from the more advanced lineages, which have discovered fire, prefer to have their mice boiled.

*lol* Quest for Fire!

Old 10-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #133
Reptilekyle64
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ View Post
Theres a reason why I am not heavily doing much with corns anymore.. I haven't bred in a few years, and when I did there was more than enough cut throats with half ass animals, willing to cut anyones throat over qaulity... Not wasting my personal time trying to compete with people like that, no point.. I have pet corns now, and if the thoughts of Bryan trashed this Tess market, tsk tsk, some of you here have destroyed qaulity animal market as well.

Just saying, truth hurts that there has been and still is some very narcistic people in this hobby.. Not very suprised to see the bottom fall out of the Tess Market, it was more than obvious it would happen, and when theres more supply than demand, what would we expect seriously?

Regards.

Thank you for saying it I could not agree with you more TandJ I am happy to be joining you in leaving this market to focus on better things. I will still work on top end morphs as pets for myself instead of the hobby. The truth people here have certainly hurt the market and they will never own up, it has only a little to do with the economy and a whole lot more to do with the selfish breeders doing stupid large amounts of breedings and then playing the BS card of lowering prices because they cannot find buyers within the first months of hatching them out. . Ever since I walked into the Koi fish breeding hobby and look at how that is run, and way animals are selected and refined over and over again for perfection, Sucks if you don't make the grade but there is not a buyer for every fish we produce, which is about 10 thousand per spawn, then culled to 1,000 then culled to the only top 100 about 1% for every breeding we do. This is the way breeding animals should be done if your breeding animals just to breed then your in own little hobby world and not the reptile hobby I want to help create, this so called community has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #134
chris68

It's one thing to buy A and B, breed them to get C and expect everyone to beat your door down to buy C at what you bought A and B for. Developing a customer base willing to just buy C corns from you is more than just posting an ad in the for sales section. And I'm sure there are a few breeders selling Tess's and other moph(s) for MORE than what you'll see either online, at shows or even "behind the door". Some folks have spent years developing a customer or fan base that has earned them that...

Old 10-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #135
JimGERcream
very strange discussion...

people are really wondering why a dominant gene drops in price after 2 to 3 years after release...??

good one

why did nobody blame RichZ for his retirement sale? He sold double-, triple-, and quint combos for a ridiculous price, everyone greedily grabbed them and nobody lift a finger. Why now???

I would understand such a discussion when we speak about recessive new genes, but not about dominant genes?! I thought this price drop is the nature of the beast, it is not??

Old 10-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #136
Reptilekyle64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGERcream View Post

people are really wondering why a dominant gene drops in price after 2 to 3 years after release...??

good one

why did nobody blame RichZ for his retirement sale? He sold double-, triple-, and quint combos for a ridiculous price, everyone greedily grabbed them and nobody lift a finger. Why now???

I would understand such a discussion when we speak about recessive new genes, but not about dominant genes?! I thought this price drop is the nature of the beast, it is not??

There were less then 10 breeders In the U.S worth buying from back then in quality stock. Rich Z online sale was not that low of a blow I bought my hypo het pairs for around $800+ and on top of that I drove all the way to Daytona to buy his show sales, which were low, unbelievable on some and he had a constant line while I was at the show. Snakes were flying off the shelves first come first served did it effect the market price, I doubt it, however what theses people did with his resulting stock is who to blame not him.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #137
JimGERcream
You got me wrong, I don't blame anyone. Either Brian B. nor Rich Z. imho everyone can sell his stuff for 1$ or for 10 000$ - that is not and that was not my business.

All I wanted to say is, it is very very strange people start to complain about tessera prices. In the past, there were several possibilities to blame things which I could have relived, but nobody said something. Now, people start to get angry about a thing, which everyone could have predicted 2 years ago. That is strange.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #138
Reptilekyle64
Me and you are on the same page I was just talking because I was a customer during the sales, brain didn't hurt anything with 14 snakes that can't even breed yet . I could careless about the tessera market and much rather talk about the miserable state are corn snake market is in general but that may be for another thread /sigh

Old 10-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #139
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGERcream View Post

good one
AMEN !!

It does not matter how much anyone fights against it or complains about it, a dominate trait is going to fall in price and quick. Anyone who could not see this from the beginning,.........um

AND, here is another thing, this thread is (well suppose to be ) about, the TESSERA market.........as the titles says..........not the CORN SNAKE market as a whole, (especially from 3 years ago) which is now being brought up

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #140
dave partington
well let's see, a normal classic is $3.00-5.00 with no hets listed, and a terrazzo classic/normal is $250 & up. Hets listed optional.

then there's the 7 basics: anery a, b, lavender, caramel, blood, amel, hypo a. $280 on auction, probably more like 350 & up.

If merely being Tessera can add $200 to the base price, no. wait a sec.

In 10 years time, will a Trundlephart tessera cost as much as a Trundlephart non-tessera, or a Trundlephart Stripe, or a Trundlephart Terrazzo?

I'd like to know more about this future. So I can vest wizely.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google