CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Need Some Advice

Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
exar15xe
Did you give them an email for fedex tracking updates? Keep calm. I would say its not a good thing to keep your customers in the dark. Hopefully nothing bad happened I know situations can come up. I have been there in my early days of getting into this hobby a few hours and or days can feel like an eternity when waiting for a response. I hope everything goes good and turns out good.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
RoseRed
Update: So I thought when he said Tuesday that was going to be the arrival date, but it was the shipping date. So they will arrive Wednesday, which works out better for me anyway. A possible bad miscommunication worked out, thankfully (I'm not sure if he said wrong or I heard wrong, either way it worked out and I have learned some lessons during this experience).

Old 12-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #13
DragonsDenSerpents
Glad to hear it was just a misunderstanding!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
RoseRed
Oh when they arrive there will be an unboxing/introduction video I will upload to YouTube and post here. They are part of a pretty bit breeding project I am planning (but you will have to wait until they get here )

Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #15
Christen
Oh I can see how that could get mixed up. That is I always say ship Tuesday for Wednesday pick up or what ever days just so there isn't confusion.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
RoseRed
{Update} The snakes have arrived, but I am appauled by the shipping. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think hand warmers should be used as a heat pack. The shipper used Hot Hands-2 by Heat Max and I looked them up and the longest one lasts for 10 hours. I will note that there was a delay with shipping because of FedEx but that has nothing to do with how he packed them. Even without the delay, the heat packs would have been ice cold if there was no delay, since they only last 10 hours max. Furthermore, there was no insulation in the box.

Here is a video of the unboxing

Here is a video of me going over the shipping

This is no way to ship snakes.

I am seriously worried about the male, he is staying in one spot in his tub and not moving, not even to go into a hide and he was the least responsive of the two (when I first saw him I thought he was dead).

Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #17
Christen
Everything with shipping is wrong. There is no insulated box inside of that box. Hand warmers are not a proper form of heat because for one as you know they don't last long enough and for two their peak heat is way to hot. The third thing I noticed that was a huge no no is that they snakes were shipped two day (looking at the label) which I know some have done but it is against our contracts for those of us certified to ship. I would contact the seller ASAP and let them know the state that those snakes arrived.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #18
Christen
Sorry I didn't watch the 2nd video and only watched half of the first so you already knew everything that I posted. lol

Old 12-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #19
Christen
Umm I thought you stated that you bought 2 hypo plasma's those snakes clearly have belly checkers. Was that a different purchase?

Old 12-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #20
airenlow
Can we please know who the breeder is?!?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google