CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Need Some Advice

Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #51
MegF.
My concern would be that the one that is not as responsive may be due to anoxia rather than cold. Cornsnakes can tolerate pretty low temps pretty well (depending upon how low). Heat pads like these are chemically activated. When activating one you need to wait at least 30 minutes before placing it in a closed container or it will use all the available oxygen in the box to work it's "magic". there is also the problem of excessive heat. 3 heat pads in a small box next to the snake is too much. Even small hand warmers can generate high heat in a closed system. I had a snake arrive dead once because two heat pads were placed in a box that size (the good heat pads though) and the snake was cooked when I got it. My snakes are packed in insulated (1/2"-3/4" insulation depending upon temps) with shredded paper between them and the heat. Heat pads are taped to the side of the box to avoid it coming undone and accidently falling down onto the deli cups. Each snake is packed in either shredded paper in their deli cups or moistened moss depending upon species. Then more shredded paper is used to make sure that they deli cups won't move around in the box. The feed/shed records are placed on top of the top styrofoam lid and the whole box is sealed. I've never lost an animal in shipping yet (knock on wood) even with a day's delay in Tennessee twice over the years. All animals get there in good condition. It's too bad that there are people out there that don't seem to care. Hope your two recover.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #52
Tom Tuttle
Unexcusable!!!! You should get a total refund period.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #53
Alicia P
Poor babies

Old 12-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #54
beautifullywild77
Please keep us updated on the progress of the babies. I am with Rich. I cried when I saw how they were when you opened the deli cups. I have never had babies shipped like that. However, I have only bought snakes from people on here except for our Hog Island.

Good for you for making the BOI Thread.

I will be sending good jujus your way for the little babies.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #55
spyderk
I have had a bearded dragon baby shipped fantastically, from FL to WI in October (so hot there, cold here). I've had 3 corn snakes shipped from SMR (TX to WI in August) and they were packaged wonderfully, and it makes me wish I'd taken video. I have had roaches and superworms shipped far better than that, and those were 2-day shipping, often in the heat of summer or cold of winter.

So sad. I keep thinking about these poor babies.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #56
Pugsley
I can't add to the outrage everyone else has expressed so well.
I do read the BOI bad guy and inquiry threads daily, why I'm not sure, I guess for the drama. I've learned a lot from them. One thing is, evidence.

Do all contacting with e-mail and save everything. Post it there. If there is something on FB, take a screen cap and post the image. FB can change. Grab the ad from Kingsnake and post the image. The BOI wants everything there. Also, phone calls end up being a he said/she said. Have it in writing and the other party can't try to wriggle out of it.

Best of luck.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #57
RoseRed
I have all the emails saved and read to copy-paste if necessary (I can even screen shot them), which have him agreeing that they were Hypo Bloodred Lavenders. The original ad does not exist anymore so I can not screen shot it. I had no contact via FaceBook. I am not sure that the Bird's Reptile Shop on FaceBook is even the same one. For the phone conversations, I am afraid that will turn into he said/she said kind of scenario since I did not record the conversation. I posted the video of the unboxing and going through his shipping.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #58
RoseRed
I will make sure to keep everyone updated on their status. The female is no longer in a hide, but under the paper towel (I always keep new arrivals on paper towels for quarantine reasons). The male has not moved, but is still alive.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #59
Geminiluna
Oh, I am sooooo sorry you are dealing with this. Thank you for posting the BOI thread. And I'm praying for the little ones.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #60
Justine66
my lord, that was the saddest thing to watch.. :'(
I cannont believe they were sent in such a poor manner with obviously no care taken on the shippers end.. all too upsetting, no animal should have to endure that sort of treatment..

Were praying for them, Please keep us updated!
Hoping the best!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google