CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Need Some Advice

Old 12-14-2012, 01:12 AM   #61
crotalis40741
Wow, that shipping brings back bad memories. I agree with most on here about doing a BOI thread on this person. A total refund is in order. I am very sorry this has happened to you.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #62
Alicia P
How are they doing today?

Old 12-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #63
RoseRed
Here is a copy of what the update of the situation on the BOI, I don't feel like re-writing it.

I do have an update on the situation.

First Off he has offered full refund in full (although it will take him two days to do it) I will confirm when I get it via paypal. And I keep the snakes.

Second, he says quote "They are hypo lavender het for bloodred. They came from a hypo lavender male blood red het bred to a lavender blood het for hypo. The reason for the confusion is the male we used was sold as a hypo blood red and I never seen a hypo lavender blood red babies so was mistaken as to what babies looked like." End quote (I quoted this directly so that there would no mistake on the genetics issue)

Third, according to him that 2 helpers shipped them, and after this, one them lost their job. He admits that the shipping was horrible and their should have been insulation.

He does know about this thread since in the text he requested I tell everyone that we came to an agreement (which I would have provided all of this information anyways, even if he did not request it).

Update on the snakes: Both are alive. The male has become more active. The female has not moved from her spot. When I check on her she is responsive. She is under the paper towel, even with hides. I will try find smaller hides for both, to see if that helps.

As a member that wrote on the BOI has said, do a video of every unboxing. I always do. There is no room for disagreement when there is an unboxing video. I would add to make the unboxings as live as possible with little to no editing (and mention any editing done, if you post them on the BOI).

*Not on BOI*
While I cannot prove yay or nay I find it hard to believe him. His employees should have been taught how to, otherwise they should not have been allowed to ship, period. And then there's the whole two shipping thing.....and if he can't tell one morph (or morph combos) from another he shouldn't be selling.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #64
diamondlil
Fingers crossed for your little ones. I'm at a loss as to how any breeder could mistake a hypo blood for a hypo lavender though!

Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #65
RoseRed
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Fingers crossed for your little ones. I'm at a loss as to how any breeder could mistake a hypo blood for a hypo lavender though!
Thank you I am doing what I can.

I have no idea either, hence why I quoted him. In all honesty, I was afraid to paraphrase just incase I got one gene wrong or didn't add one.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #66
DragonsDenSerpents
I'd take his word with a whole bagful of salt. I linked his Okeetee FB page on the BOI thread - he blatantly photoshopped the pics of his snakes. To me, that is already a sign he is untrustworthy.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #67
RoseRed
Well I backed him into a corner with the BOI with the video's on there. There wasn't much left he could say honestly. I believe that he asked me to tell everyone our agreement because he feared that if he went on there he would be attacked (the only reason I can think for someone not at least trying to make himself look a little better). Or maybe he was lazy.

I don't blame you, on my part I am only keeping what happened between our transactions and the future of the snakes on the BOI (and nothing else, if the original ad was still on KingSnake I would have screen shotted it, I will be sure to do so in all further transactions with other breeders). But it is good other members are bringing other suspicious activities out.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #68
Nanci
I don't remember where you said you wanted smaller hides for the babies. Mine love toilet paper tubes squashed flat! And I know you have them on paper towels, but you might make a little nest of shredded paper, just to pamper them. Poor little guys. And I would not rush to feed, no matter how much you want them to be okay. I'd give them a full week of recovery.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #69
RoseRed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I don't remember where you said you wanted smaller hides for the babies. Mine love toilet paper tubes squashed flat! And I know you have them on paper towels, but you might make a little nest of shredded paper, just to pamper them. Poor little guys. And I would not rush to feed, no matter how much you want them to be okay. I'd give them a full week of recovery.
That is a good idea with the hides, maybe they won't roll around (one end is a small black basic plastic hide, and the other is a toilet paper roll). Should I wait a week before re-arranging their bedding as to not to disturb them? I wasn't planning on feeding them until a week, I always give new arrivals a week before feeding. ^^ <<<<I learned quite a bit on this forum.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #70
RoseRed
Before I forget.

I would like to THANK EVERYONE for your advice through this whole process. I have never been through something like this before. There is a reason I find myself going here anytime something snake related comes up and that is because you guys and girls are so friendly and helpful.

I will keep this thread up to date as a I possibly can concerning their recovery. I do plan on re-homing them in the spring. I do not even want to consider shipping them in winter (and if I have to ship, by God I will do so much research it won't even be funny, maybe use Ship Your Reptiles although I will have to do further research before deciding.). In all honesty I would be thrilled if someone in my area would like to have them. They would be up for adoption, I have no desire to make money off these little ones. Although I will have to note their shaky genetics and I do not believe the seller on their gender nor have I sexed them (or plan to since I don't have a lot of experience, no scratch that none at all besides what I have seen on videos and that to me doesn't really count as a good primary learning tool for sexing). But I will try to find good homes with someone who will want them/love them. These two deserve that much in my book (every snake deserves that, but they seemed to be on the brink of death).

But I have pinkies for months for these little two. Pinkies galore!! And a few small fuzzies little Miss Rose Red didn't get to ^^ <<< she's growing like a weed. Although I'm not sure if they'll get to them with me, if I have to buy more pinkies I will, I have a local breeder near me that I found.

Just want to say THANK YOU!!!! again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google