CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Animal Cruelty Local Boy Charged.(not for weak at heart)

Old 12-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #61
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preita
Actually no. I used to have a huge "enclycopedia" of serial killers (for one of my law/ psychology classes in college) & thats one of the things they had in common. Its actually a common theory.

Either way, a person that does that and has no emotional responce to clipping off an animals teeth & toes needs to seek help. Feeding live is one thing, causing undue pain is another
Although I meant my response as a bit of levity, I was actually not aware of the connection between animal/human torture. Thanks for posting those links Connie, twas an eye opener for sure

Old 12-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #62
Preita
After I re-read your post I thought it was meant to be light hearted, but I had already posted

And I never really thought pot lead to herion. Pot leads to triscuts with easy cheese & long naps

Old 12-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #63
ghosthousecorns
Me again. That story about the cats in the no kill shelter being beaten to death got to me...I just don't get why cats are detested by so many. Even some people that like dogs and other animals just hate cats...Must go back to the middle ages when they burned them at the stake with the witches or something.
I don't care if it's cat, dog, mouse, fish or snake, it's wrong for it to suffer needlessly. I am no Peta activist (and I love a good steak) but the word 'humane' does derive from 'human' and I sometimes wonder how that could be.
Connie finally did post a reason that would justify the declawing ('IMO')- the aids patients that don't want to lose their pet. That I can understand at least.

Old 12-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #64
Mary-Beth
Quote:
Originally Posted by shed'n my skin
Me again. That story about the cats in the no kill shelter being beaten to death got to me...I just don't get why cats are detested by so many. Even some people that like dogs and other animals just hate cats...Must go back to the middle ages when they burned them at the stake with the witches or something.
I hate cats because as a child I was attacked by one. I don't trust them, don't want to be in a house with one, and I'd be happy if they all suddenly disappeared from the earth. However, I would NEVER hurt one. I'd just run away lol.

*edit
I was asleep when this particular cat decided to attack me, so it wasn't like I was young and didn't know any better so I yanked on it's tail or something.
After I peeled the cat off of me I ran into a bathroom and slammed the door shut. The cat yowled and put it's legs under the door trying to get me.
Yeah, kinda wish that cat had been de-clawed.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:02 PM   #65
Preita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth is KoRny
However, I would NEVER hurt one. I'd just run away lol.
I feel the same way about sharks. Don't know why, but I don't go more than knee deep in the ocean.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #66
Duff
Just wondering how many anti-declaw people have no problem culling off a slightly deformed hatchling because they can't sell it and don't really want to have to take care of another snake? Not trying to start anything new, but it seems a bit hypocritical to me to be screaming about de-clawing being cruel to the cats, but freezing/bopping/gasing (or whatever method) is perfectly ok to a slightly deformed but otherwise healthy hatchling.

As far as declawing, I've had cats all my life, and other than a couple, all were/are declawed and have all lived long, healthy, happy lives. The couple that haven't weren't declawed. One ran away, no clue what ended up happening. Another died young of feline leukemia. Being allowed to run around outdoors is alot more dangerous and unhealthy for a cat than being de-clawed, if you ask me.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:04 PM   #67
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preita

And I never really thought pot lead to herion. Pot leads to triscuts with easy cheese & long naps
Ruffles Potato Chips on rye bread with Miracle Whip! Yum

Old 12-13-2005, 05:10 PM   #68
Preita
It sounds so gross until you get to that point. I dig those peach tarts by marie calaneders...but oven+ any type of imparedness=burnt tarts

Old 12-13-2005, 06:58 PM   #69
cimckee
I always thought it led to six straight hours of playing Super Nintendo "Tetris" and watching others play it
I am so glad I was able to find a website full of open minded people that are willing to discuss controversial issues instead of just senselessly yelling at one another. Sorry, I just had to vent about those few bad apples.

Old 12-13-2005, 07:47 PM   #70
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdorfer
Please tell me you made that up. Sounds like the pot leads to heroin thing I used to hear in high school
Hey,
Don't look at me!.
I did bring up the subject of pot and herion this time.
I don't even know what it looks like!

Pass over the Ruffles will ya!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google