CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

sunglow

Old 07-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #21
princess
I've looked at their website and there are a number of atrocious spelling errors and pure misinformation in the glossary. That doesn't sound professional to me...but the site looks beautifully presented and that can make them seem more 'professional' than they are.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #22
Joejr14
Dude, the snake isn't a sunglow. It's an amel. Sorry, but your 'informative' reptile shop doesn't know what they're talking about.

And your pictures are WAY too big.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #23
princess
Wow Joe, something we agree on!! That doesn't happen too often!!

Old 07-12-2006, 01:42 PM   #24
gwb8568
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
I'm brilliant at baking cakes...but my muffins suck.
bbbbbbwwwaaaaahhhhhh

Old 07-12-2006, 01:42 PM   #25
your_only_nightmare
sunglows are little or no white, he has very little, its the glare of him with the camara.
and everthing is perfect, look at there shop puicsm, there nothing different about it, everthing looks xactly like it, and they do know what thwere on about, i knwo thses guy, they have a different person in there for each herp, snakes, lizards frog, amphibians, and so on

Old 07-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #26
your_only_nightmare
ok, i was just looking at my pics and my snake, the pics do him no justive, those pics that look white, are are actulyl yellwo and oragne, its aglare, this pic shows him best

Old 07-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #27
princess
Yeah but something else you need to take into consideration is that you have to look at the intensity of the orange. Your snakes background colour is not a solid orange it's what we have refered to in the past here as a 'vomitmel' -please don't take offence to that term, I didn't coin it. The background colour has to have some solidness to it to be rich enough to call sunglow.

I'm defrosting some mice right now to do some feedings tonight, so I'll take out a few of my amels to photograph and show you the difference.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #28
your_only_nightmare
aswell, hes onyl a baby, so his colours will change

Old 07-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #29
cherub
Talking

Hi..my Names Diane and im new here i like to say hi to everyone..i have 2 adult corns which have produced 2 clutches of eggs this year ,i currently have 14 hatchlings.
when i read this post i took it upon myself to check the information the nightmare had given..and if any of you have the kathy love comprehensive owners guide, on page 157 you will see that she states..." This is one of the most popular strains today that exhibits blotches that range from deep red to red /orange with very little or no white"..i think this little fella qualifys to be a sunglow..wouldnt you agree. i have bred snakes for a good many years and would say he is a sunglow..and seeing as kathy love description matches this little fella......who are we to argue.....

Old 07-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #30
cherub
Talking

i have an amel here he is and he is nothing like that little sunglow..sorry guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google