CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Official Daytona 2008 Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #81
ArpeggioAngel
Yeah - I have been watching it. Current forecast puts it passing through Florida it looks like Tues-Weds. Hopefully it will make it through before the weekend.

For anyone flying down - definately keep an eye on it. The airlines will usually relax their travel policies due to severe weather like this. Even if it has passed through before the weekend - be sure to be at the airport extra early for your flights because there could be people whose flights were cancelled still trying to make it to Florida which could result in longer check in/security times.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #82
Nanci
At least it's early enough in the year that it probably won't do that hook and go across the state. Should be resolved one way or the other by Friday!

Floridians, do you know this link? It lets you spot them when they are way over by Africa, just so you know what's in the works, or what has disappeared, way ahead of time. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Old 08-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #83
El Jefe
Yeah....I hope this is not another Charlie.....

Old 08-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #84
norm
I don't get out of bed if it's under a 3.

SIX DAYS TO GO!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #85
CaptBogart
I want one of those t-shirts that say, "I live in the cone of indecision"...

Guess I should add my hurricane watch site http://www.hurricanecity.com/ because I really like to watch the local radar, the web cams in the area affected, as well as the local news...

Old 08-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #86
Nanci
Damn Fay, she's headed right for me now...

Old 08-17-2008, 02:02 AM   #87
Rich Z
Here's a pic of a conglomeration of various modelling programs giving their predicted track for Fay.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #88
Remi
from what they're saying, it should move towards Jacksonville and not directly hit Daytona, we should get the worst of it this Tuesday, prior to the show...

Old 08-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #89
Nanci
After seeing the 2PM track placing Fay directly over my head, I went out to buy some 5 gallon water containers, and some delicious non-perishable foods, after taking inventory and finding a can of baked beans and a can of refried beans. Surprisingly, the stores were not packed with panicking shoppers. That's because Fay has now taken aim at Rich! Keep moving west, baby!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...?3day#contents

Old 08-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #90
Rich Z
Brother.... Last time I looked at the forecast, it was predicted to hit around Naples as just a tropical storm. The weather *service* would probably be better off to just limit the forecast to no more that 24 hours out. Otherwise with the changes in predictions, they just get EVERYONE worked up over it as the path changes with each new iteration.

As long as it stays east of us, it shouldn't be too bad. When it goes west of
us, all the storms being brought up from the Gulf then slam into us.

Maybe I should have moved to Arizona.........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google