CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Hooollooween Photo Contest?

Old 10-07-2008, 12:30 AM   #91
Devilscat
For photo digiting, can you take two or three pictures and cut them and paste them into one picture and take another picture of final results. Would this be considered in the photoshop catergory. Or do you have to use special photoshop software.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #92
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilscat View Post
For photo digiting, can you take two or three pictures and cut them and paste them into one picture and take another picture of final results. Would this be considered in the photoshop catergory. Or do you have to use special photoshop software.
No, that would not be a Digital "Photoshopped" image. There is a freebie photo editing program that I've heard about called Gimp, but I'm not familiar with it and what it can do.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:44 AM   #93
Mrs InsaneOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
This "Hooollooween Photo Contest" is for fun....right?
Absolutely. =)

Old 10-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #94
Mrs InsaneOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilscat View Post
Other photo manipulation programs include: MS Paint, Fireworks (don't know if this is still obtainable or not, as Macromedia was absorbed into Adobe), Coral Draw and Paintshop Pro. There are also other on-line ones out there, but I can't think of their names off the top of my head.

Basically, we are using the term Photoshopped to describe the manipulation of the photo, not the actual program used to do the changes.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:50 AM   #95
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs InsaneOne View Post
Fireworks (don't know if this is still obtainable or not, as Macromedia was absorbed into Adobe)
Yes, it's still available but now it's called Adobe FireWorks CS3 (CS4 is now available for pre-order).

Old 10-07-2008, 12:59 AM   #96
Mrs InsaneOne
Somehow that doesn't surprise me. lol

Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #97
torsten
Quote:
Quote:
also, if someone in germany for instance offers a snakes as an international prize then i don't really want to have to pay shipping to get it here so i need to know what the prize is, also as space is an issue for me, if the prize is an animal depending on what it is i may not have space or it may not be worth me paying for delivery of it so those prizes would need to be known..
I think this also goes back to the certificates. "If" you were too win and it is not feasible to ship then I'm sure an arrangement could be made for a certificate of some kind. But if you don't like the prize that's offered to begin with, then why even bother to enter?
what i meant by this was that if there were different prizes for 1st, second and third but i would only be able to house the prize given for second but came first or third then how would that work??

Old 10-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #98
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten View Post
what i meant by this was that if there were different prizes for 1st, second and third but i would only be able to house the prize given for second but came first or third then how would that work??
Do you ask this many questions all the time? LOL

If you won first and wanted the prize from 3rd place, you could take it and the 1st place prize would move down to 2nd place spot. That help?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #99
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ@PJCReptiles View Post
You have very beautiful pieces of art my love! How about one of YOUR prints??? Would be a great prize in any country!
Oh I never thought of that

I would be willing to offer a "pair" of 8 x 10 prints of my photography for each international category. I sell these for £10 each. The winner may chose whatever photogaph they want (of mine) as their prize.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #100
torsten
ohhhhhhhh, i must start clicking away with the camera then!!!!!!!!!!

with prizes like that elle how can i resist!!!!

presumably anyone who enters a photo cannot vote in that category??

as there are no live animals as prizes in the international section presuambly i can enter without getting as a parent to email you??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google