CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

I heard the MOST annoying thing about Corns....

Old 08-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #61
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
So I’m watching this clip (Parts 1,2 and 3) and I’m thinking, “What in the he!! was Dean looking for when he stumbled across this?”
I've been familiar with it for a LONG time. No net search was necessary. "Mr. Show" is the greatest sketch show evar!!1!1

Old 08-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #62
COerriccaRN
Quote:
I feel compelled to ask... what do the folks in Barlow think of said statement
They will tell you the same thing, and are proud of it. I wouldn't say it if they would take it bad.

Quote:
Or at least detail for me where exactly, and in what context he "touches on that subject quite a bit"........

I graciously extended your 2 minutes to 6 hours. Do you need more time?
Well here goes this....Even though I don't want to get off subject, I do want to defend my beleifs...

Jesus mentions things that are related to sex FOUR times in the bible, not to mention the many,many other scriptures about sexual purity ect and since ALL scripture is "God Breathed" it can be said that all scripture about sex comes from Jesus (God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all one in the same)

First of all, you can read in 2 Timothy 3:16 that “all scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” So ALL scripture in the Bible is from God, even if Jesus does not say it directly J Which is a great thing, because you know that everything can be trusted and applied to your life even if Jesus doesn’t say it directly, it is still the word of God(also Jesus)

The biggest thing Jesus himself says about sexual purity is located clearly in Matthew 5:27-28. “YOU HAVE HEARD THE COMANDMENT THAT SAYS ’DO NOT COMMIT ADULTURY.’ BUT I SAY ANYONE WHO EVEN LOOKS AT A WOMAN WITH LUST HAS ALREADY COMMITTED ADULTURY WITH HER IN HIS HEART.” When someone lust for something or someone else, the desirable end result is usually sex. Besides mentioning that sex with another man/woman besides your husband/wife is a sin, he himself does not mention sex BUT since all the scripture is God breathed (also meaning ‘Jesus breathed’) that means that ANY scripture about sex is put in place by God(Since god and Jesus are one in the same, its all the same.)

So since we know now that all scripture is from God/Jesus, you can look up these about sex on your own...
Genesis 39:6-12
2 Samuel 11-12
Proverbs 2:16-19;5
Romans 1:18-32
Ephesians 5:3
Colossians 3:5 and 1
1 Thessalonians 4:3-5

whew, that took a while...If you need more, I can find them. But the bible does say alot about it and that it is WRONG and shouldn't happen, even though in this crazy world it is getting pushed to the backburner sadly

Okay, so there it is...lets try not to yell at me TO much for anything I may have said that offends anyone of another religion. I prefer to not be a "set" religion. I go to a babtist church because they follow the closest to what the bible says...As long as I follow the bible, thats the only religion I need I think.

But that was WAY off topic, which I didn't want to happen...but I had to do it for the sake of the argument.

anyway...any other crazy snake stories???

Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #63
COerriccaRN
Quote:
It is my firm belief that God never intended for us to shove our beliefs down people's throats.
I agree somewhat, but I just wanted to say we are all called to be teachers of the word so that lost people can get saved and have all their sins forgiven FOREVER so we can live forever with God So if I meet anyone that is not a beleiver, I tell them about Jesus. If they accept it, GREAT. If not, a seed has been planted and I keep up with them and help them and just SHOW them how being a christian changes a person...Just wanted to say that...alot of people put down the whole religion thing just because they are afraid of the unknown which is sad...

Old 08-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #64
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by COerriccaRN View Post
They will tell you the same thing, and are proud of it. I wouldn't say it if they would take it bad.

Well here goes this....Even though I don't want to get off subject, I do want to defend my beleifs...

Jesus mentions things that are related to sex FOUR times in the bible, not to mention the many,many other scriptures about sexual purity ect and since ALL scripture is "God Breathed" it can be said that all scripture about sex comes from Jesus (God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all one in the same)

First of all, you can read in 2 Timothy 3:16 that “all scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” So ALL scripture in the Bible is from God, even if Jesus does not say it directly J Which is a great thing, because you know that everything can be trusted and applied to your life even if Jesus doesn’t say it directly, it is still the word of God(also Jesus)

The biggest thing Jesus himself says about sexual purity is located clearly in Matthew 5:27-28. “YOU HAVE HEARD THE COMANDMENT THAT SAYS ’DO NOT COMMIT ADULTURY.’ BUT I SAY ANYONE WHO EVEN LOOKS AT A WOMAN WITH LUST HAS ALREADY COMMITTED ADULTURY WITH HER IN HIS HEART.” When someone lust for something or someone else, the desirable end result is usually sex. Besides mentioning that sex with another man/woman besides your husband/wife is a sin, he himself does not mention sex BUT since all the scripture is God breathed (also meaning ‘Jesus breathed’) that means that ANY scripture about sex is put in place by God(Since god and Jesus are one in the same, its all the same.)

So since we know now that all scripture is from God/Jesus, you can look up these about sex on your own...
Genesis 39:6-12
2 Samuel 11-12
Proverbs 2:16-19;5
Romans 1:18-32
Ephesians 5:3
Colossians 3:5 and 1
1 Thessalonians 4:3-5

whew, that took a while...If you need more, I can find them. But the bible does say alot about it and that it is WRONG and shouldn't happen, even though in this crazy world it is getting pushed to the backburner sadly

Okay, so there it is...lets try not to yell at me TO much for anything I may have said that offends anyone of another religion. I prefer to not be a "set" religion. I go to a babtist church because they follow the closest to what the bible says...As long as I follow the bible, thats the only religion I need I think.

But that was WAY off topic, which I didn't want to happen...but I had to do it for the sake of the argument.

anyway...any other crazy snake stories???
I am asking for facts, based on historical figures, that we will assume with confidence existed, for the sake of my point.

I am not asking for your beliefs. What I highlighted in blue are your beliefs, and are irrelevant to the question.

Jesus was sent by God to deliver a "New Testament". I'll even grant that,...for the sake of my point.

Aside from the one Gospel of Matthew remark, which consists of a couple of sentences, not a single one of your citations is an account of the actual words spoken by Jesus Christ out of his own mouth during his 33 year visit to planet Earth.

You are confusing the apostle Paul, and his words, in his epistles and to and thru his apprentices,......with the actual words of Jesus.
The books you mentioned : Timothy, Romans, Ephesians, Colossians, Thessalonians,....were all written by Paul or one of his travelling companions/apprentices.....Silas, Timothy, Timon, Titus, etc.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #65
COerriccaRN
The first scripture(in all caps) is red letter words spoken by Jesus himself...look it up. He also talks about Adultury(SEX) in a least four different verses...So, I would say he did touch on it.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #66
ceduke
I hate hate hate HATE HATE having people try to 'educate' me about their religion...especially since it seems that most of the ones I run into won't take "I don't want to talk about this" as an answer.

I am pagan. I have been pagan since I was 10 years old. I don't talk to people about it unless they ask, and I expect the same respect. Argh, and telling the people who want to 'educate' me that I'm pagan just turns things into a big ugly mess.

Fortunately, the religious nuts in my family have gotten over the extreme zealotry, and we are now able to enjoy each other's company because we agree to disagree. But I guess I'm lucky; my nutty religious relatives are just fine with herps.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #67
COerriccaRN
Quote:
I hate hate hate HATE HATE having people try to 'educate' me about their religion...especially since it seems that most of the ones I run into won't take "I don't want to talk about this" as an answer.

I am pagan. I have been pagan since I was 10 years old. I don't talk to people about it unless they ask, and I expect the same respect. Argh, and telling the people who want to 'educate' me that I'm pagan just turns things into a big ugly mess.
Um...not meaning to be rude, but my post above was just for one person...not you. So if you don't want to read it, don't. You are set in you ways and I am set in mine...although I do hope that you will one day listen to someone...It hurts me to hear things like that

Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #68
ZoologyGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by COerriccaRN View Post
alot of people put down the whole religion thing just because they are afraid of the unknown which is sad...
Playing devil's advocate...is not religion a way for people to deal with their own fear of the unknown. i.e. filling the unknown with faith in what they perceive the unknown to be. And therefore people return to religion because they are inherently afraid of the uknown?

I don't think I can subscribe myself to any religion in particular. If I had to I would probably say my religious philosophy is a combination of many religions...christianity, deism, paganism, buddhism, etc... Every religion seems to think they are right, and thinks the other is wrong. Perhaps they are all praying to the same thing, only with a different name. This is why I am not a fan of organized religion, despite being raised in a strongly christian (baptist) family. I do not like people telling me what, how, when, why I should think.

I prefer to think of myself as a philospher, I do enjoy thinking about spirituality, I enjoy learning about different religions. I attend church once in a while when I am visiting family. I enjoy listening to the pastor, sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I make arguments in my head against what he is saying. I enjoy the stories of the bible. I listen to his interpretations of the bible, and I make my own interpretations of the bible. In my opinion, anything that can build upon knowledge and help formulate ideas is a good thing, whether you agree with it or not. My philosophy is always changing, as I learn new things, as I experience new things, as I mature and understand the world a little bit more. However, I do not believe that any one religion has everything right, and prefer to make my own judgment about spirituality not based upon how one religious sect decides to interpret the unknown. I am not afraid of the unknown, but I do not claim to know what the unknown does or does not contain.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #69
ceduke
Out of curiosity......it hurts you to hear that some people don't want to be 'educated', or to hear that some people are happy with other religions?

Old 08-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #70
COerriccaRN
Quote:
You are confusing the apostle Paul, and his words, in his epistles and to and thru his apprentices,......with the actual words of Jesus.
The books you mentioned : Timothy, Romans, Ephesians, Colossians, Thessalonians,....were all written by Paul or one of his travelling companions/apprentices.
Did you read my very, very first scripture? ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD BREATHED...so paul, Jesus's traveling companion wrote these things from his heart. This things where put into his heart by God. God and Jesus are the same...

Here are the other three scriptures about ADULTURY...(adultury is committed when a married person has SEX outside of marriage)

Matthew 5:31-32 states:
"It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery." (KJV)

Matthew 19:9 states similarly:
"And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery." (KJV)

Mark 10:11-12 states:
"...Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Luke 16:18 states:

"Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery."

And that is the last I will post on it...I didn't want the thread to be like this

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google