CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Age of Corn Snake Owners Poll.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:14 AM   #81
Santa
The "old bearded one" is 51. I was raised on a farm so I have caught and played with snakes most of my life. I caught a corn snake five years ago and kept it. Using the internet I learned how to determine that it was a female. So, then I caught a male and bred them. All 16 eggs hatched. I kept the hatchlings for about a month to make sure they all were eating good, then released them. I was hooked so I started buying various morphs and started a breeding program. Up until yesterday I had a nice collection of 32 corns. Now I only have nine. (see post "Tragedy at the North Pole")

Old 04-27-2005, 02:39 PM   #82
sumguy
36. have 1.1.1 corns, 1.1 black pines, and 1.1 black milks. Just like having different species to observe so probably won't buy anymore corns unless I see a really nice looking morph at a show or can get a locality Okeetee pair. Do plan on acquiring more 1.1 pairs of normals for other north american species, maybe a brb as well.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #83
daisy
I just had a great time reading this whole thread from start to finish (you know, when you're neck deep, standing on your head at work, the best thing to do is prowl around message boards and read 3 year old posts).
I am almost 28, and just bought my first corn last October. She ran (slithered?) away on me...and now I have Chester. I have been a reptile lover my whole life, having allergies to most anything with fur. My mother, who has never been a great lover of our scaly friends always made me let stuff go, and still insists on telling everyone who will listen about the snails in my pockets at laundry time and the worm colony under the bed. I have a turtle, hermit crabs and fish. The snake isn't my husbands favourite however, and must live in my office, not my home.
Too bad for him, I have definately caught the bug and can actually picture the future snake room...I haven't decided how we'll compromise...maybe I could have the basement...or maybe he could move out

Old 04-27-2005, 04:21 PM   #84
jazzgeek
45, coming up on 46 next week. I've been "into" herps for only over two years now, and corns for only the past year. I was strictly a "dog" guy, and that (retriever training) will always be my primary animal passion. But, IMHO, you can't beat corns for low maintenance animals, and thanks to the forums here, my plans are to expand the collection from the 3 corns listed below to about a dozen within the next two years. My first breeding projects for the beardies will be later this year, and for the corns, next year.

regards,
jazz

Old 04-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #85
countMEout
almost 21 been into corn snakes for about 8 months have had one for about 5 now and I had an iguana when I was 11 - 18. Looking into getting more corn snakes though just waiting for payday.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:35 PM   #86
misery
15. I was wanting a snake forever, especially in the past year. I've had my little one for 2 months now.

Old 04-28-2005, 11:29 PM   #87
KristyS
:)

I am 17 and 18 in a couple months!!! WOOO BIG PARTY! haha oh j/k maybe I'll have a nice game of lawn bowling...I've been keeping snakes since I was 15 .. around there and I LOVE THEM!

Old 09-18-2005, 07:13 PM   #88
JohnC
I am 72 and have been keeping both snakes and lizards for 33 years.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:34 PM   #89
cornnewb2005
ill be 22 next june and have been in the "corn biz" since aug 11, 05 and hell now im up to 24 corns and 1 ball python

Old 09-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #90
Dminor9
I am 51 and just got my first corn for my birthday in July. Used to catch wild snakes, frogs, lizards, newts, and anything else I could when I was a kid(man, that was too damn long ago!) growing up in the rolling hills of Western Pennsylvania.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google