• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ROXIE

nikkirnoto

Not sure of morph but meet Roxie
4217fe6c5b7ac49dae75b1f6c8a90214.jpg
d1a464b8038f016f08e7114e0b44c336.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Pretty! She looks like a snow.
Thanks! [emoji4] I'm assuming snow means white but I've seen it in combination with colors like coral, strawberry and pink. So would snow be the primary recessive gene? I know a little about genetics but nothing about snakes other than the little reading I did before we bought her.

Yeah, snow is amel plus anery. They're usually varying degrees of white, a bit of yellow, and sometimes a bit of pink. There are other lines of snows that make the snake much pinker, sometimes you'll hear coral, salmon, cotton candy, etc. But usually they involve a gene called red factor. From your pictures, your snake looks like a regular snow to me (all baby snows are a bit pink at first), but I know photographing a pink snake is super difficult, so if you can get some accurate photos of the color (natural light works well for this, like a cloudy day), we can help you figure out if she's just a snow or is a red factor snow.

Yeah, snow is amel plus anery. They're usually varying degrees of white, a bit of yellow, and sometimes a bit of pink. There are other lines of snows that make the snake much pinker, sometimes you'll hear coral, salmon, cotton candy, etc. But usually they involve a gene called red factor. From your pictures, your snake looks like a regular snow to me (all baby snows are a bit pink at first), but I know photographing a pink snake is super difficult, so if you can get some accurate photos of the color (natural light works well for this, like a cloudy day), we can help you figure out if she's just a snow or is a red factor snow.
I'll definitely work on it! She's currently tucked into her bedding working on a pinkie [emoji4]

I was also a little surprised that she glows in the blacklight!

Oh yeah, definitely don't disturb her while she's eating or digesting. Make sure to give her at least a few days to digest before she stars in her own photo shoot!

Oh yeah, definitely don't disturb her while she's eating or digesting. Make sure to give her at least a few days to digest before she stars in her own photo shoot!
She's, tucked away out of reach digesting and we won't bother her but it's sooo hard! I'm glad she was comfortable enough to eat since we just brought her home yesterday (fed her this am). If she out and about Monday we will try and hold her a bit. Maybe get a picture or 2.

She's, tucked away out of reach digesting and we won't bother her but it's sooo hard! I'm glad she was comfortable enough to eat since we just brought her home yesterday (fed her this am). If she out and about Monday we will try and hold her a bit. Maybe get a picture or 2.

Ok 1st off it is NOT easy to photograph a snake! She's busy [emoji28]
My husband had to hold her so I could get these and they aren't the best.

*These were taken in natural light
f6f8698aa1efde2c2be01fc62ace43d5.jpg
87315bc7f110174d7a67e9895e183d0b.jpg
7d57889b55f53b306651b27d12aa1f37.jpg

So cute! Yeah, photographing baby corns is always a challenge! She looks like a regular snow to me. But their colors will continue to develop and deepen as they reach adult age, so she might a nice pinkish snow as an adult.

So cute! Yeah, photographing baby corns is always a challenge! She looks like a regular snow to me. But their colors will continue to develop and deepen as they reach adult age, so she might a nice pinkish snow as an adult.
I'm so excited to see her change! It's amazing how much difference there is in color even in the adult snows.

Back