CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello From Indiana

Old 06-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
NinnJinn
Hello From Indiana

Hello, My name is Mike. I am a 42yr old single dad of 2 girls 12 and 10....

Growing up I always thought it would be cool to have a snake (Python) but of course my parents said no way.
So I grew up and got married. Popped the question to my then wife..... Same response....
My youngest has always been a tom boy, fishing, playing in the dirt and chasing her older sister around with worms. Off and on I had talked to her about snakes etc......

Anyways, fast forward to this past Saturday (6/17 /17). My youngest's hamster died after 3yrs of life. after the grieving and "Funeral" still sniffling She looked at me and said, "Hey daddy, since mommy isn't with us, Can we get a snake?"
I had to work Saturday so I told her I would check into it. Through out the day I was checking online etc and ran across this site and DollysMom thread about "Cleo the Butter Motley" and read all 51 pages of posts as an unregistered guest....

So we went to the local pet store on Sunday (6/18/17) All they had was a python for $130+ We obviously passed. while in the car came across Petsmart. I called and confirmed they had corns on sale along with vivariums.

So we hit Mickey D's drive thru and drove 68miles to Pet smart.
Got "Hunter" and a Zoo med 40gal premium vivarium along with a dozen frozen pinkies....

Hunter is such a sweet little thing.. He or She and my youngest were both calm as could be about 2hrs after we got home.

Yesterday (Wednesday 6/21/17) I got a crazy thought that 1 just wasn't enough. So, Made the 68mile trip to Pet smart again, Picked up "Sherbert" and a Zoo med 20gal premium vivarium.
Sherbert is still a little feisty but is calming down slowly.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum and will attempt to keep the pets at just 2.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:05 PM   #2
beyourownspotlight
Hello there!!
That's crazy you drove so far, twice! For the little ones! But I hope they have found a very loving home, and that you and your daughters enjoy them being a part of your family.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
Mr.Z
Mike, that's awesome you got two! Still gotta talk my wife into the second, surprised I got the one... Did you happen to get any photos of Hunter and Sherbert?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Old 06-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #4
Tavia
Hello and welcome! Good luck staying at two, LOL!

Old 06-22-2017, 08:28 PM   #5
NinnJinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Z View Post
Mike, that's awesome you got two! Still gotta talk my wife into the second, surprised I got the one... Did you happen to get any photos of Hunter and Sherbert?
Hunter

Sherbert

Old 06-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #6
DollysMom
Welcome Mike. Glad you are here. Hope we hear more about your snakes. They are absolutely adorable. Feel free to ask questions. This is one of the friendlier forums I've ever been one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google