• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tessera Club!! Post Yours Too!!

The guy we got the orig animals from sold them as "Striped Okeetees"...he was a florida breeder who is no longer keeping snakes. He's been contacted multiple times to try and fill in more details but he never does/hard to get any replies from him... Don Soderberg contacted him to try and get the complete history (or his version) for the new upcoming cornsnake book but the guy blew hhim off- claimed he threw his harddrive into a lake... ???? strange huh? I think Don's version of thier history on his website tells about everything we know...

Anyways, he did send up pics-- that was years ago. I lost them in a computer crash. They were small fuzzy pics...hard to see alot... I REALLY WISH those pics were still around. Plus at the time I didn't expect them to be anything more than a striped okeetee project (y'all know how I love my okeetees).

I sent a personal email but this answers my questions for now I guess. To bad because this morph is outrageously cool!

Don told me today that he threw the harddrive into the lake and got rid of all his snakes cause the city he was living in banned all snakes, and yes it is wierd!
John

Yeah- the guy was alittle unstable maybe. He got pissed when we contacted him saying that they 1.2 trio arrived and was actually a 2.1 reverse trio... his response was "Your never satsified are you?". I guess he and KJ had had some previous dealings-I tink KJ kinda got a bad deal on some animals he'd bought. I actually didn't realize it was the same guy until KJ pointed it out later....

Don was hoping to get HIS version of the history & whatever background pics he had- offering to give him the REAL credit for the Tesseras- but he just told Don the :threw the harddrive in the lake" story...

Yeah- the guy was alittle unstable maybe. He got pissed when we contacted him saying that they 1.2 trio arrived and was actually a 2.1 reverse trio... his response was "Your never satsified are you?". I guess he and KJ had had some previous dealings-I tink KJ kinda got a bad deal on some animals he'd bought. I actually didn't realize it was the same guy until KJ pointed it out later....

Don was hoping to get HIS version of the history & whatever background pics he had- offering to give him the REAL credit for the Tesseras- but he just told Don the :threw the harddrive in the lake" story...

Well thats to bad....cause I'm going to remember the three of you as the ones who established the Tessera. Oh well...what can yah do :)

thanks Graham :)

I have a question, do the Tessera lines tend to get bigger? or are they on the smaller side like the cinders?

I'll defer to those 3 people who have older animals, but so far, they are running big for me.

The adults seem to be the same size as any other corns I own... heck, they came from an okeetee project- and I've seen some nice sized okeetees

I am now wanting to get my hands on a Tessera and any Cinder type morphs... I wish I had the money to invest in both, and try to come up with something new... But, I will leave the new discoveries/ combo's, to those who can afford them... I will stick to my plan of trying to get some cool Caramel's.

My tessera! Def need an updated pic though

Dionysis7_25_10a.jpg

Hey there! Me and The_Saiyajin want to join the Tessera Club:grin01:

This is our Tessera Striped het Anery het amel or ultra male.
He will be really busy this year with his females :D

BTW there will be some Striped and Motley pairings, so maybe for you all exspecially for Joe it would be interesting.
There will be Hom striped and Hom motley pairings. Not with het.
We are really excited and proud of him.
Thanks Don!!!

Greetings
Jenny

Attachments

• TesseraBock5.jpg
    TesseraBock5.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 535
Hey there! Me and The_Saiyajin want to join the Tessera Club:grin01:

This is our Tessera Striped het Anery het amel or ultra male.
He will be really busy this year with his females :D

BTW there will be some Striped and Motley pairings, so maybe for you all exspecially for Joe it would be interesting.
There will be Hom striped and Hom motley pairings. Not with het.
We are really excited and proud of him.
Thanks Don!!!

Greetings
Jenny

WOW I love what the stripe is doing with Tessera, the sides are awsome! Congrats :)

While we're talking about breeding, I want to make sure I got this all right. My girl is too young to breed for a few years, so I never exactly bothered to learn the genetics. So, please confirm what's right. Based on what I scanned through, one of the following is true:

Tessera is dominant, like Normal, so in theory we should be able to assume that Tessera will work just like Normal. But I read that you need only one copy of a gene for Tessera and two for Normal for the snake to appear other than Tessera or Normal. For example, you need to copies of het Amel to mask Normal. But based on what I think I read, you need only one het Amel to mask Tessera?

If this is true, a breeding of Tessera, no hets to an Amel, no hets should produce what?

What would you get if you bred Tessera het Amel to Amel?

Or, what would you get if you bred an Amel Tessera to and Amel?

Lastly, what would you get if you bred an Amel Tessera to a Tessera, no hets?

If you could dumb in down for me, I'd appreciate it.

No that is wrong.
Tessera works like normal with other genes.
If you breed Tessera to an Amel, you will get Normals and Tesseras which are het for amel. Just like always.

When you breed a Tessera het amel to an amel you will get Amel Tesseras, Amels, Tesseras het amel and Normals het amel.

Amel Tessera with amel should give Amels and Amel Tesseras.

Yeah and at last, breeding an Amel Tessera to an Tessera would give Tesseras het amel.
But here is the question, Dominant, codominant?
SuperTessera or "het" Tessera animals.
You could also breed Tessera to Tessera and still get Normals if they both are only het Tessera.

A little bit complicated and I hope I told everything right.

Greetings
Chris

I'm not sure there IS a super... I *might* breed two together this year, but others have and no obvious super was produced to my understanding.

Back