• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First hook-ups for me!!

rich333

They Are Coming!!!
First hook-up ever!! for me....so basically in a nutshell you have 3 virgins here...enjoy the shots.....Phantom het amel ph anery,Blood Red X Ultramel Charcoal ph anery,Motley.

Attachments

• b1.JPG
    b1.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 704
  • b2.JPG
    b2.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 708
  • b3.JPG
    b3.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 711
  • b4.JPG
    b4.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 711
  • b6.JPG
    b6.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 703
Congrats on the hook up. I love the .66 cents you gave them in the last pic for their efforts LOL

LOL...Was wondering if anyone would catch on.....:) you wanted a money shot??? well...you got it!!! :)

As far as exciting...oh gosh yes...the mind races with all sorts of thoughts...all the yrs put into raising them up...for this vey day. then...it happens...your elated....then...the "oh sh*t " thoughts start...right now...i'm running around gathering everything thing up..(Incubator,deli cups,lids,paper towels,incubator medium,hooking up my thermo to the incubator...Thought i'd give it a trial run...just in case). Right now i feel like i've had 3 or 4 monster energy drinks..and i havent had a one. the house isn't any cleaner...but my babies are being pampered for sure. so....since this is the first time breeding for her,Him & me.....any and all comments,advice...things that i may not have thought of...giv'em to me. assumming everthing goes perfect(which i know it won't), i have several perspective homes/buyers lined up...they've all been notified of todays events....so....ok..deep breath.....i think i am ready for this...(famous last words for sure.)

My only question at this time is...how long should i wait to put him back to her?? they are the only 2 that i want to breed this yr (kinda,just wanna get my feet wet..). but i want to make sure he hit a homerun (so to speak).

thanks for the congrats! but really....i didnt do much...I'm sorta like my phantoms wing man! LOL

My only question at this time is...how long should i wait to put him back to her?? they are the only 2 that i want to breed this yr (kinda,just wanna get my feet wet..). but i want to make sure he hit a homerun (so to speak).

Corns won't eat each other so I would leave them together for at least a month. That's the way I do it. Unless your gonna use the same male with a different female?

nope,

she was the only target. wanted to start small and build up as my understanding grew. figured that would be the safest way...perhaps murphy will give me a free pass for trying to be responsible??

I usually just put them together 2 or 3 times, giving the male a couple of days off in between. I don't like to subject the female to the stress of constantly getting away from the male if she is not receptive.

Congrats again on the hookup, looking forward to a neat clutch with Phantoms +

Congrats Rich, makes all the waiting worthwhile :*)

Chris,

On your thread about brumating...man..i apologize! I jumped all over your thread without even thinking. i was just so excited that my day had arrived & i wanted to post it everywhere!! So...this is my formal apology. I am Sorry.

and thank you for the congrats. the easy part is over.....

I usually just put them together 2 or 3 times, giving the male a couple of days off in between. I don't like to subject the female to the stress of constantly getting away from the male if she is not receptive.

Congrats again on the hookup, looking forward to a neat clutch with Phantoms +

First,
She's back in her own tub. I agreed with your thinking...less stress the better.

2nd:
According to Corncalc the results look like this (using only the KNOWN hets):

50% charcoal het Hypo,amel or Ultra
25% Ultramel Charcoal het Hypo
25% Blizzard het Hypo (Hoping for at least a pair of these)

Now if i use the PH's...it looks more like this:

37.5% Charcoal Het Hypo,Amel or Ultra 66% anery 50 %B.R. & Motley
18.75% Ultramel Charcoal het Hypo 66% anery 50% B.R. & Motley
12.5% Anery Charcoal het hypo Amel or Ultra 50% Motley B.R.
6.25% Snow Charcoal het Hypo 50% Motley & B.R.
6.25% Ultramel Anery Charcoal het Hypo 50% Motley B.R.

really hoping they both prove het Anery! :)

Chris,

On your thread about brumating...man..i apologize! I jumped all over your thread without even thinking. i was just so excited that my day had arrived & i wanted to post it everywhere!! So...this is my formal apology. I am Sorry.

and thank you for the congrats. the easy part is over.....

It must have totally went over my head ;) and no apology necessary anyways...I get just as excited seeing what everyone else has going on, let alone what I may be hoping for :cheers:

I put mine together every three days for up to five times or until they quit. Then I put them back together once after the pre-lay shed.

It must have totally went over my head ;) and no apology necessary anyways...I get just as excited seeing what everyone else has going on, let alone what I may be hoping for :cheers:

Chris,

the reason it went over your head is probably my fault as well....you dint have a thread about Brumating....that was inocntkitn187. I thought it was your thread..but truth be known...i stomped on yours and HIS threads...his apology has already been delivered.

thank you....

yeah....My Ultramel charcoal female has NO yellow...and my Phantom has a minimal amount....so...i was wondering if a Person could, through selective breeding, eliminate the yellowing in anery A and Anery B. i know it's from the cartenoids. but i was wondering if it's genetic as well...if it could be "turned off".

Back