• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mama's Boy X Snow test results.....

carol

Down with the sickness
As some of you may know I bred Mama's Boy (male proven het for *mystery anery*) to a Snow female to test him out for Anery A. Results of this clutch are...
Out of the egg...
4 Amels
2 Normals

In the egg...
4 Amels
3 Normals
1 unpipped

Not an Anery A in sight. So it really looks my crew of Anerys are "Anery C". I will still test for Charcoal next year, but I doubt they are Charcoal since this is what an animal homo for this anery and amel looks like....
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17038&stc=1
There is a possibility that this little "snow" is homo for Hypo as well. I guess there is a slim chance that Hypo has this strange effect on Blizzards. I doubt it, but I won't be sure until I test breed. Anyone out there ever had experiences with Hypo Blizzards???

Attachments

• ThistleXMamasboy.JPG
    ThistleXMamasboy.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 225
And for the heck of it here are some shots of this years "anerys"

Attachments

• 2Anerymalescloseup.JPG
    2Anerymalescloseup.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 225
  • femaleanerycloseup.JPG
    femaleanerycloseup.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 221
  • comparisoncr.JPG
    comparisoncr.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 220
  • anerycloseup.JPG
    anerycloseup.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 1stanery.JPG
    1stanery.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 222
Interesting results, Carol, thanks for sharing! So those "more normal" looking "anerys" aren't anery A. That's awesome! Keep those pictures coming! (And congrats, great kids!)

Can't offer anything on the test breeding results, but those anerys are awsome! I love the head pattern on the one in the second and 3rd pics :cool:

Thanks! This years second clutch to produce these Aneries finally all finished their post hatch shed. I offered them f/t and they all ate! It looks like the line may be more sensitive to high temps (probably because of the Upper Keys), but boy are they eaters! I haven't had a single one from these lines refuse f/t pinks this year! Knock on wood of course. :grin01:

Thanks for sharing the results!!
Awesome clutch
Hopefully the "Anery C" would be proven to be different than the other two anerys (at least that is what we're looking at right now)

Best of luck!
And also congrats for them eating f/t pinkies already! This is just great!!!

Wow carol, this looks like VERY interesting project and I'm sure its proving out to be a fun one. Thanks for sharing your results with us. Those snake just look amazing. I love the saddle count on them...so MANY SADDLES!

Thanks all! And just for the record... that one egg finally pipped and it was an amel! No Anery A's in a clutch of 14, that's good enough for me!

Wow....

Now you need to see if they are compatible with Anery B AND with Rich's new Anery C that he thinks he has!

Way too cool

By the way, you selling any of those pos het offspring or any of the "anerys"

-Jeff
[email protected]

MohrSnakes said:
Now you need to see if they are compatible with Anery B AND with Rich's new Anery C that he thinks he has!
Thanks!
I highly suspect they are the same as Rich's Anery C. The grandmother to these little guys not only came from Rich, but came from the same lines that produced Anery C's for him. Their parents are siblings. Also, my yearling "anery" from this line is developing red at the base of the saddle scales, behaving much like the ones Rich has.

I will be selling some of the possible hets. Right now a lot of them are spoken for and at this time I only have spare males that are 66% chance het. I do have one more clutch to hatch though. No one is really in line for this particular clutch of 14, they are only 50% chance het for this other Anery, and definate het for Anery A.... so they may be frustrating to work with to say the least. I've considered selling them as possible hets, I've considered wholesaling them off with no info on their background given, and I've even considered the Kingsnakes. I just hate to do the later because they are such healthy, robust hatchlings. This snow mother just makes the best babies. She double clutches every year and never looses any noticable weight. Throws 14-16 per clutch and all of her babies end up friendly and great eaters. Her clutches have also survived heat spikes that really damaged other clutches. I feel their hardy genetics do have a lot to contribute to the corn world, but I don't want to be creating any more "space garbage" as Joe puts it.
What's a girl to do? :shrugs:

carol said:
Thanks!
I will be selling some of the possible hets. Right now a lot of them are spoken for and at this time I only have spare males that are 66% chance het. I do have one more clutch to hatch though. No one is really in line for this particular clutch of 14, they are only 50% chance het for this other Anery, and definate het for Anery A.... so they may be frustrating to work with to say the least.

Yeah, I hear that! When I was first doing the Lava line before anyone really knew what they were, I bred my Lava Male to a anery het hypo female. I didn't know at the time she was het hypo, but a year later I bred a ghost to her and out popped ghosts. So, I had a bunch of DH ice with the possibility of the other hypo in there too! :shrugs:

As far as the pos hets. Are the 66% pos het anery C males have any chance of the other anerys? If not, maybe a pairing with some of the females from the snow clutch. At least that way the anery A gene is less likely in future breedings. Also, are the pos hets just normals or the amels?

I'm interested so let me know. Either post here or e-mail me: [email protected]

I hope I don't confuse things but here goes...

The 66% chance het "weird anery" males have no other anery genes in there that I know of. They are 50% chance het Amel.

The 50% chance het "weird anery", 100% het Anery A, clutch consists of 9 Amels and 5 Normals. I don't know what my sex ratio is yet. :)

I pretty much have my lists filled so any extra females to come out of the next clutch (66%) should be available, except the Anerys of course. However, they were just laid on 5/2 so they have a good month and a half to go.

Great...
I do want some males and...I would rather not mess with anery A in the mix, but if the price is right I might pick up some females. By the way, are the 'normals' the miami looking animals? Or plain jane normals?
Cheers,
-Jeff

I was mistaken, I checked my records and pulled out some snakes, I only have one extra male, sorry! As for being a Miami, all of the Miami looking ones are already reserved, but I have yet to get anything plain jane out of this line. Not all of them get the Miami colors, but they all do end up very red, and very metallic looking as they get older. Here is a pic of the last 66% chance het male, and I guess you could say the most "normal" looking out of the group, but give him a year and he'll be a beauty.

Attachments

• malenormalpic1.JPG
    malenormalpic1.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 56
carol said:
I was mistaken, I checked my records and pulled out some snakes, I only have one extra male, sorry! As for being a Miami, all of the Miami looking ones are already reserved, but I have yet to get anything plain jane out of this line. Not all of them get the Miami colors, but they all do end up very red, and very metallic looking as they get older. Here is a pic of the last 66% chance het male, and I guess you could say the most "normal" looking out of the group, but give him a year and he'll be a beauty.

I can wait for the next clutch. Is that clutch a different pairing or second clutch? Also, we need to talk prices.... :)

Unless you are giving them away free.....

-Jeff
[email protected]

Here is a pic of the last 66% chance het male, and I guess you could say the most "normal" looking out of the group, but give him a year and he'll be a beauty.

Carol...

Normal ?? He's a beauty ! Everyone should be as lucky to get "normal" looking hatchlings :)

Mike

Back