CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Cornsnake problem feeding

Old 05-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
HGarwood
Cornsnake problem feeding

My corn snake is about 18 months old. I don't know whether "he" is male or female. He has starting rejecting food, although he must be hungry. He is always roaming round his viv and makes a bee-line for the way out when I open the front to feed him. He's just shed as normal and looks healthy. I'm worried why he's not feeding. Can anyone advise me please?

Old 05-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #2
cornsnakeforsale_com
First thing to check is that his environment is correct. There's lots of places to find this information, here's mine: http://www.cornsnakeforsale.com/corn-snake-care.php . Double check the temperatures.

How long have you had him?
What / how have you been feeding him?

Old 05-05-2015, 01:30 PM   #3
HGarwood
Thanks for your reply. I'm sure his viv temperature is ok. We're feeding him 1-2 medium mice once a week. He's 18/19 months old (although we're not certain what sex he is). Normally he's very shy, but at the moment he's very active, searching round his viv. We're wondering if he could be looking for a mate?

Old 05-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #4
smigon
Yes, he is at that age where they are looking for love, and the females are very active too so it could be that. And if that is the case (most likely) they will go months without food.

What are the temps, out of curiosity?

I would cut back on the feeding, one mouse a week is plenty. Here is a link to the Munson Plan, it will give you a good feeding schedule (although a bit aggressive for little guys) so he doesn't get over/underweight and is healthy.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:06 PM   #5
Katie+Sid
Quick question. If no females in the house will they still go through mating stage and how long will they go without food?

Old 05-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #6
texasreb
Mine is on a hunger strike as well. His last meal was March 5, so it's been over 2 months since mine last accepted food. I offer every 10 days, but he's refused all...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google