• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2006 price list done! (I think....)

Rich Z said:
LOL! Well if you want to buy them cheap, then you better buy a LOT of them! :roflmao:

Seriously, I could sell ALL of them at one fell swoop to any one of a few wholesalers I deal with. But I am going to offer them this way first for people who are really interested in the genetics they are carrying. Dealers don't care about such things so they won't pay for the genes.

Hi Rich/All -

Thank goodness you do sell to the hobbyist - this was a great sale for me. Thanks again for your help with my order :D

-Tonya

Rich Z said:
Sorry, but time is not an infinite resource.........
I know but not to be rude, pictures sure would help some of us who don't know what these Snakes look like. No picture probably means I may pass on something I might have bought if I knew what it looked like. It's your business and I'm not telling you how to run it but just a simple sudjestion that may help others and I decide if we will buy or not.
(Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I hear) :cheers:

Heck, you take 1 picture of each type of snake you have (you might be half way there) and put it on the website and then you're done until you breed/create a new color phase. It's not like you have to keep taking pictures and putting it on the website everyday or whatever, once it's done it's done and the rest of us can see those awesome looking snakes you create ;)

JAGSnake said:
Heck, you take 1 picture of each type of snake you have (you might be half way there) and put it on the website and then you're done until you breed/create a new color phase. It's not like you have to keep taking pictures and putting it on the website everyday or whatever, once it's done it's done and the rest of us can see those awesome looking snakes you create ;)

Trust me, you have no idea of my workload. I'm sure it sounds simple to you, but that just is not the case at all.

For instance, I am right now working on a list of a bunch of adults I am putting on surplus. Right around 400 of them. How much more time do you think it would add to this task if I had to take photos of each of them, crop them to size, and then paste the code into the price list?

Simple fact of the matter is that although I know I will miss out on some sales because of lack of pics, this is unavoidable, so I just don't worry about it.

Rich Z said:
For instance, I am right now working on a list of a bunch of adults I am putting on surplus. Right around 400 of them. How much more time do you think it would add to this task if I had to take photos of each of them, crop them to size, and then paste the code into the price list?
Heh heh, if you spent 8 hours a day on them, by my calculations you could have the adult list done just short of two weeks. :crazy02:

Serpwidgets said:
Heh heh, if you spent 8 hours a day on them, by my calculations you could have the adult list done just short of two weeks. :crazy02:

Yeah, Rich. (insert bad accent here) No breaks for YOU! (please don't hurt me! :grin01: ) :sidestep:

Want to do a raffle on how many people I get sending me requests for photos of those adults even though I will PLAINLY state there that none are available? :grin01:

Heck, I've been working on this for DAYS now...... First I had to key all the raw data into Excel so I could sort the entries to see what they heck I really have. And I just know there are a bunch of pre-breeders that I should move out as well, but no way I'm going to get to that anytime soon. I just allowed the numbers to get too high around here. I've got three part time workers here now plus Connie busting her butt keeping things running and it's just too much. I had females give a poor showing simply because I didn't have the time to get males to them in a timely fashion when they were at their peak. And I was not just loafing around. Just too much to do in that window of opportunity. I really don't want to play like this any longer..... I'm really going to hate it when I bag some of those animals up to ship them out, but I really have no choice. This isn't fun any longer. When I would open up an egg laying container and see all slugs and think "Good! I won't have to mess with THOSE babies when they hatch!" then it's time to rethink what it is I am doing.

Since you have so many adults there will be an out of the breeder room special, right? You know, 40-50% off.... :) :sidestep:

Also, when you take your photographs be sure not to forget the belly shots as I like to see how many checks they have or don't have... :rofl: :roflmao:

MohrSnakes said:
Since you have so many adults there will be an out of the breeder room special, right? You know, 40-50% off.... :) :sidestep:

Also, when you take your photographs be sure not to forget the belly shots as I like to see how many checks they have or don't have... :rofl: :roflmao:
:roflmao:...or would that be a "Right Out of the Tub" special? Ooooooo and don't forget the head shots so we can all comment on what it looks like... you know, like the herp version of the Rorchach test :sidestep:

JAGSnake said:
I know but not to be rude, pictures sure would help some of us who don't know what these Snakes look like. No picture probably means I may pass on something I might have bought if I knew what it looked like. It's your business and I'm not telling you how to run it but just a simple sudjestion that may help others and I decide if we will buy or not.
(Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I hear) :cheers:

I just went through all of Rich's 2006 Hatchlings list, and the only morph's not pictured that you can't find hundreds of photos of already are the amber motleys and the hypo pewters. And if you must see a photo of either of these morphs first to decide if you want one, then you really didn't want one in the first place.

I'm not saying take a picture of every snake you have if I was misunderstood. I'm not asking for a picture of every adult snake or every baby snake born, just 1 picture of what that type of snake looks like in general. But I understand what you are saying and your time.

Susan said:
And if you must see a photo of either of these morphs first to decide if you want one, then you really didn't want one in the first place.
I see your point but if your shopping around or happen to see something that catches your eye, that may be the reason someone buy's one. Someone may not know what they want but when they see a snake and say, "damn I have to have that"!

I have done this in the past few weeks, Hypo Miami Corn and if I didn't see a picture of one I wouldn't be looking for one now. I still need to look to see if Serpenco has these.

I also am not saying someone could not find pictures of these snakes on the Internet but shopping should be made easy.

JAGSnake said:
I see your point but if your shopping around or happen to see something that catches your eye, that may be the reason someone buy's one. Someone may not know what they want but when they see a snake and say, "damn I have to have that"!
I hate to speak for Rich, but he stated in one of his earlier posts that anything which doesn't sell is going to the wholesaler. So, if I'm reading that correctly, it means he's not concerned about pass-through, looky-look shoppers. Wouldn't matter anyway as he just doesn't physically have the time to do it . . . if you haven't picked up on that yet . . . :)

D80

blckkat said:
I keep peaking at your site day & night, Rich...Hopeing to see the adult list...Wanna give us an estimate when it's going up? :)

Yeah, sure...... I'll post a date and then people will take that as being a committment. :rolleyes:

I'm dancing as fast as I can........ :shrugs:

mbdorfer said:
Actually, they are different. A good hypo miami will have a nice silvery/gray ground color. This is not necessary for a crimson :wavey:

Really? That's funny...

This is basically a hypomelanistic Miami phase. An idea that was rather late blooming, considering how long Miami Phase and hypomelanistics have been around. Perhaps it was the unfortunate circumstance that most of the Hypomelanistics available back in the late 80s were mostly deeply orange colored and it would have been a step backwards to infuse all that orange into corns that were selected specifically for the LACK of orange coloration in the background. But I decided to bite the bullet anyway, and surprisingly enough, the early results were very promising.

To get a good idea of what we are dealing with here, just take your typical Miami phase corn, which is attractive in it's own right, and make all of the colors about twice as bright, and you have an idea of what the Crimson looks like. Of course, it helps if you've been doing selective breeding with the Miami phase corns for over 20 years. The name 'Crimson' originated from the brilliant red coloration that the dorsal blotches can have in many of the babies. Of course, there can be some substantial changes taking place as the animals mature, but you still usually get quite an attractive looking snake as an adult.

blckkat said:
Really? That's funny...
No, not really. I thought the same thing a few years ago. Check out SMR's site to see the difference in coloration, and especially price! :wavey:

Back