CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Feed while digesting

Old 07-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
benjim
Exclamation Feed while digesting

I'm going on vacation, leaving early Saturday morning, gonna be gone a week if I am to feed my corn he may not have digested his food by then and I probally should feed him again most likely Friday night, if he's not done digesting by Friday night, would it be okay too feed him while he's still digest ing his last feeding need awnsers quick! Thanks for your time!

Old 07-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
MysticExotics
I would say no. He could end up regurging if you do not allow him to digest the other meal before feeding him again.
He should be fine waiting until you get home.
How old is he? Is he a healthy snake?
Do you have someone that can check to make sure temps are ok, & that he doesn't run out of water while you're gone?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
benjim
He's 8 months and he's very healthy and smart he doesent pee or poop on his water and I know it won't evaporate that fast, do you think he'll be done digesting by then? Because I really hope so! I'll be sure to take that advice and not feed unless done digesting! Thank you!

Old 07-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
MysticExotics
When will the next feed day be?
How are the temps in your area? I would be worried about leaving them alone for a week, during the summer, in the event the weather gets hot, it could get too hot for them, if no one is there to keep an eye on temps.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #5
Lennycorn
I agree with my darling Heather, he'll be fine till you get back home.

Just leave out extra water for him.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
Triple M
Just wait a little longer now and feed him before you leave. That way he only has to go a couple days over his schedule.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #7
Triple M
Sorry I didn't see that you already fed him recently

Old 07-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
ScottyK
If your corn is 8 months old, at a healthy weight and is not a regular water bowl defecator than go enjoy your vacation....

It couldn't hurt to throw in an extra water bowl if you really want to. A healthy corn that age can easily go a month or two without eating if it had to.

Also, if your heat source is not on a good quality thermostat and/or you have it rigged on a dimmer or something similar you can unplug it...

Remember, one of the great things about herps is that it's not like leaving a mammal unattended. It will probably enjoy the peace and quiet while you are gone

Old 07-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
benjim
That's good to know, now I can have peace of mind for a whole 6 days, I may add another water bowel, thanks!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #10
ceduke
I've had the occasional week where I just "spaced" and forgot feeding time, and everyone was fine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google