CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Confessions from a wildlife abuser....

Old 07-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
Rich Z
Confessions from a wildlife abuser....

Yes folks, I am a wildlife abuser..... Sad to have to admit it, but I guess I really need to come clean with my sordid affliction.

Connie (my partner in crime) brought a cooler filled with 6 dozen live blue crabs back from the seafood market she just bought them from this past Friday. I had set up the torture chamber for the crabs, awaiting her return...

The crabs were put into the torture chamber in lots of around 18 and then had a mixture of Old Bay seasoning and salt thrown on them while a combination of water and vinegar boiled underneath.

35 minutes later (for each batch) the deed was done and the crabs were thoroughly killed and discolored from the steam and seasonings. The odor was nearly overpowering (but in a GOOD way!).

Then to add insult to injury, like wild animals, Connie and I tore the crabs to bits, smashed the claws with hammers, and devoured the hapless creatures, leaving a wake of carnage that would not be matched even by a pride of lions tearing into their prey.

And to make matters much worse, I bear absolutely no remorse for my deed. To be perfectly honest, I would happily do this all over again (and hopefully will) sooner rather than later.

Those crabs were absolutely scrumptious. Beyond any reasonable expectations, those were the BEST steamed crabs I can ever remember having. Out of the entire 6 dozen, there was not a single one that wasn't absolutely perfect.

Although we started early (Friday) this was supposed to be a sort of birthday (July 21) gift for me. But we did finish them all off on Monday, so certainly this fit the bill for as nice of a birthday gift that I could ever hope for. Four solid days of eating perfect steamed blue crabs is something I wouldn't have dared even dream for considering it's been quite a while since I've had ANY even slightly decent crabs to eat.

So anyway, there it is. Guilty as charged, or at least self admitted and confessed. Call the wildlife officials if you will, as all the evidence of the discarded shells from those crabs are readily available in piles out in one of my bamboo groves where we dumped them. Haul me away, I will go off to jail with a smile on my face.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
bryanb
Blue claws are my all time favorite crab to eat and catch.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
carriecat2
Happy birthday! Your wildlife look delicious! Yum!

Old 07-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
MysticExotics
Nice! I love both the MD Blue Crabs and of course the PNW Dungeoness Crabs!

Old 07-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #5
Nadine88
I grew up trot lining for crabs on the Chesapeake with my dad. This brings back memories!

Old 07-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
Rich Z
You would think that after 4 days of eating crabs I would be sick of them, but to be honest, darn I could go for more right now...

Old 07-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
ratsncorns
I've never liked crabs but I did love buying shrimp off the side of the road outside Woodville Hwy... so delicious!

Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 AM   #8
El Jefe
Man, it's been a while since I had blue crabs. Wish I was seated at your table!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google